Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lowecur

Jetblue Loses $42m

Estimates of .15 cents per share were blown away (.25). In fairness, the actual loss was .19 cents per share due to one time charges for stock vesting and a maintenance tracking system that will not be implemented. This is an extremely poor job of revenue and expense mgt. Jetblue has to learn how to manage their fares like someone else I know (WN). Jetblue needs to adjust their FLL schedule and cutback more at JFK. This would include direct flts on the 190 from upstate and other cities to MCO, PBI, TPA, Ft Myers, as well as BOS & IAD. They are forecasting a loss in the 1st Q as well, and 2006 will be unprofitable.

Other than that it should be a good day to buy. If they get into the low $11's or better, I will be there with a small investment.:)

http://www.primezone.com/newsroom/news.html?d=93277

Last edited:
I Predict

I predict at least 5 pages on this thread, mostly from guys who are going to be absolutely ecstatic about this news. Although, I should consider that it takes longer to type with one hand working the keyboard so it may take a long time to get to 5 pages.

DIAMONDDD said:
I predict at least 5 pages on this thread, mostly from guys who are going to be absolutely ecstatic about this news. Although, I should consider that it takes longer to type with one hand working the keyboard so it may take a long time to get to 5 pages.

LOL, nice one.

.."consisting of $6.9 million in non-cash stock-based compensation expense.."

Great job managment, here is a bonus.

DiamondDD--I'm going over on the over-under of 7 pages. ;) TC

P.S.--There's some side action brewing on the percentage of negative posts vs. defense posts--right now, the smart money is on 60/40 negative. You in? :D

Any word if Jetblue will fly into San Antonio? We got Austin, hoping on KSAT..........

You got Southwest Airlines in SAT! Anywhere you want to go, baby!!

AA717driver said:
P.S.--There's some side action brewing on the percentage of negative posts vs. defense posts--right now, the smart money is on 60/40 negative. You in? :D

I like those odds. I don't have much in actual money, however, put me down for...say......$13.48..no $13.53 (just found a nickel in the couch), a "Thomas the Tank Engine DVD, a crayon (Robin's egg Blue in color) and a half-eaten burrito.

Where is my paypal acct. number?

DIAMONDDD said:

I'm not ecstatic at all. I've been telling the smurfs to have a plan in place for 10 years from now. Smurfs, you better start getting that alternative career path lined up, like Albie F15 said.

I think JB would do just fine if they'd only listen to Lowecur. He's the Shell Answer Man of the aviation world.

Latest resources

Back