• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue/LGA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Welcome to LGA. I think this is the first delayridden airport that Jetblue will grace with their presence. LGA can lead to a bad tring of delays in your system and your passengers will slowly find out that there isnt a big difference between sprit/song/Jetblue. Its a risk, like SWA to PHL, and maybe this is more against airways then delta? Or could they face a similar fate as ATL?

NoName said:
Welcome to LGA. I think this is the first delayridden airport that Jetblue will grace with their presence. LGA can lead to a bad tring of delays in your system and your passengers will slowly find out that there isnt a big difference between sprit/song/Jetblue. Its a risk, like SWA to PHL, and maybe this is more against airways then delta? Or could they face a similar fate as ATL?

I got news for you, "they" said the same thing about JFK when we picked it over 4 years ago. Nasty airport, Int'l traffic only, nobody flies outta JFK, it's the for certain grave of jetBlue before they even fly the first flight. Look what the reality is now. We can do amazing things. Can we screw up?, yes, we are indeed vulnerable, especailly now that we are the target of, well, everyone. But, I have a strong suspicion that we can tame LGA (in moderation of course, we're talking 10 flights, not 200+) just like we did in JFK.

What's next Ridley, the moon? No, but maybe MIA. Look out AA!!

C Ya

Last edited:
Wow, what a slam on me. First of all, can you guys get the slots? That would be amazing. Can you also demand some DCA slots while you are at it? How about helping us get some London Heathrow slots----your guys over there must work wonders.... I think we also would like some more LGA, but you guys are the only ones......what???? Can anyone just demand slots at a slot controlled airport? I don't recall a lottery at LGA? DCA is having one, but LGA? Hmmmm. Is Hillary in bed with Dave?

Second, so you also want some EWR slots, too? Can you guys really come up with a new focus city is my question. Yes, NYC is huge and has lots of passengers. Your LGB Focus City is constrained by slots--like 41 total I believe. FLL was good, and has some promise of growth. Ok, where next? Just a guess---no secret info....Anybody? ATL? Nope. Will you beg for ORD slots? Nope. BOS----that was a good one, but now you have AA breathing down your neck, and that will also happen at LGA.

Third, I know eventually you guys will be expanding into more of our routes, you guys are getting more airplanes and have to put them somewhere. But, so far you really haven't gone up against another LCC (along with Song)---and you will be doing that at LGA with Spirit there too. You have avoided to the best of your ability going up against more than one (other than Song), and with the other LCCs competing and growing too, it will get tougher. We at Delta protect our huge hubs (which do make money for us) and have started Song to compete with you guys--which has cost us with initial start up costs etc, (which has added to the losses). It will be interesting to watch no doubt.

Jetblue320,

Hey bud, enlighten me here, our passengers don't pay? Some of the profit is going to pay for a lot of the start up costs--like the IFE and paint jobs. You know that. I will also see you there, next to my 757, sitting waiting for 100 airplanes to land on runway 4 while 40 of us wait to takeoff on 13. That will be fun.

ArchieF16,

The sushi is supposedly better than your chips---although I avoid it on trips----I just eat the pilot pellots (pretzels) and food I buy in the terminal.....I doubt you will try EWR, but if you do---enjoy the single runway takeoff (2 parallels--one for landing and one for T.O)---the wait time can be forever to TO. JFK is a lot easier except during the INTL push times.

IB6,

Like ATL? How about LAS-LGB? What about SLC-LGB? You guys never fail. The key difference is that you have avoided cities with other LCCs (besides Song). Your service out of FLL, for example, has never competed with another LCC besides us. You will now, and it will be interesting, especially if you can get the slots. We probably want more too---can we ask also???

Speedbird,

Want EWR? Go for it. Then, I want to see your next MAJOR focus city. What could it be? I am talking one the size of LGB or bigger. I can't think of one. Give me an example---just guess.

Thanks Dudes!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

;) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hmmm....so many cool announcements it is hard to keep up with them. Now I can't wait for an OAK base to open up. Life will be sweeeeeet then!

Skirt

LGA, hmm. They could just pick up US Airway's east coast shuttle and have their A320's AND the slots and gates at LGA....just a thought.

General Lee said:

Jetblue320,

Hey bud, enlighten me here, our passengers don't pay? Some of the profit is going to pay for a lot of the start up costs--like the IFE and paint jobs. You know that. I will also see you there, next to my 757, sitting waiting for 100 airplanes to land on runway 4 while 40 of us wait to takeoff on 13. That will be fun.
Bye Bye--General Lee

;) :rolleyes:

C'mon Man, I was jukin' you about the 2 for 1 deal you guys just put in play to retaliate (along with AA) for our BOS start-up. I know you get fares, in fact, your fares are lower that ours. That's the way to go, give away tickets and lower your fares to "compete". We''ll show that jetBlue who's Boss right?

Maybe you missed what I said in another post. Yes, we may not get the TEN slots we applied for. We're not going into LGA whole hog, just a rib or two, just to piss off the giants. Check it out, just like before, we get a reaction and we haven't done a thing but make a press release about filing papers. Who knows, maybe it's a hoax? Sure got DL/AA/USA/UAL et al to scramble. Gosh I love this business!!

Face it dude, for every punch you throw we take it and not only throw two back, but we duck as well.

But, I always want you to know, this flighinfo.com stuff is all in good fun, really!

See ya in 2 outta 3 NYC airports (who knows, maybe all three by this summer!!:D

Last edited:
Jetblue320,

Hey, I know this is all fun. You guys are expanding with new airplanes, and that is good---for you especially. We are licking our wounds and trying to cut costs. No doubts there.

I just can't figure out how you guys will get the slots. If USAir tanks, then I can see it--although the asking price will be huge no doubt.

I guess I will see you there in LGA and JFK---I am in the green and white $perm 757, unless I am in the 767-300, or in the 767-200, you get the picture. I will be waving. Take care, and I have fun on this forum too--even when 10 guys take me on.

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :cool:

F70pilot said:
LGA, hmm. They could just pick up US Airway's east coast shuttle and have their A320's AND the slots and gates at LGA....just a thought.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who saw that . . .

Verrrrry interesting!

Red

ps. I, too, would like to see OAK as the next JetBlue crew base, though I won't bet Skirt on it, I'm already down beer and a dinner to her.

Like ATL? How about LAS-LGB? What about SLC-LGB? You guys never fail.

What? General, just for the record, LAS-LGB and SLC-LGB are not a failure. (ATL wasn't either but that has been debated before) In fact the flights are mostly full. If we do end that service it will only be to put the slots to use in long-haul service. I think I've already pointed that out to you in a previous post. You gettin' old and forgetful man?

hummmmmmm... JetBlue Shuttle. Got a little ring to it. I think I like it...... YEP, I like it a lot.....

Oh, I doubt very much that jetBlue would be interested in running the Shuttle, DAL has theirs, AMR essentially has their own with Eagle and from what I can gather, the Shuttle is no longer the money maker it used to be. Acela is making inroads as well.

As far as aquiring UAIR assets, I sure hope not. The UAIR 320 is powered by CFM's vs jetBlues IAE's. I do not even want to think about integration of the people assets, if any, that would come with such a purchase.

jetBlue announcing applications for slots at LGA may just be to bring a certain HQ in Atlanta a few more headaches, but heck, what do I know, I just try to fly the darn thing.

Gen. Lee, you are right, LGB-LAS, LGB-SLC and LGB-OAK are all failures, there were no master plan at all. What were they thinking?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back