Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm in the Southwest/JB terminal in MCO on Friday when this Jetblue F/O and his Commuter pilot girlfriend walk by and he has a SKATEBOARD under his arm.

Not so comedic yet?? Well, The lady next to me says "Is that a skateboard under his arm??"

Her husband (Picture a Grizzled old KO-REA vet!) responds..."Yeah, I'll be damned if I'm getting on Doogie Howser and Barbies Plane!!!"

Effing Hilarious.....everybody around him saw it and laughed.....I thought the guitar luggers were goofy, but this kid's gonna "Shred the Halfpipe DUDE" on his layover....

What have we become??
I don't carry a guitar on the road, yet. But you just inspired me to get one.

So I'm in the Southwest/JB terminal in MCO on Friday when this Jetblue F/O and his Commuter pilot girlfriend walk by and he has a SKATEBOARD under his arm.

Not so comedic yet?? Well, The lady next to me says "Is that a skateboard under his arm??"

Her husband (Picture a Grizzled old KO-REA vet!) responds..."Yeah, I'll be damned if I'm getting on Doogie Howser and Barbies Plane!!!"

Effing Hilarious.....everybody around him saw it and laughed.....I thought the guitar luggers were goofy, but this kid's gonna "Shred the Halfpipe DUDE" on his layover....

What have we become??

Was Barbie hot?

So..... according to you? Pilot's shouldn't be allowed to skate?

Who cares what the pax think? All they want is the cheapest ticket subsidized by the cheapest wages.

At least they don't farm out their flying.

"Well would you look at that goofball pilot with the skateboard. How immature. I'll quickly post this on FI.com for the rest of the ladies so's we can all be indignant together."

I agree, it us very unprofessional to have a skateboard, guitar and/or backpack.

Come on guys/gals, how much stuff do you possibly need to carry on a trip. Is it really that important to look like a dork.

BTW, you might as well not wear your hat and just put sunglasses on top of your head like most XJT guys do.

I happen to like wearing a cap....beanie actually with a little propellor on top AND lick a large multi color lolipop while I skip through the terminal. Does that make me any less of a pilot? (The lolipop does goo up my goatee, but what the heck)

What have we become??

The appearance part of professional standards here at JetBlue is clearly our weak point.

We have some real winners here. Long hair, beards, non-standard uniform items, etc.

Personally, I really don't care as long as they can do a good job, and treat the customers well.

With our blue shirts, most of the passengers now think we are part of TSA, so the skateboard thing probably isn't an issue.

Truth is, I doubt this really happened as written. Too many details.

DW

I agree, it us very unprofessional to have a skateboard, guitar and/or backpack.

Come on guys/gals, how much stuff do you possibly need to carry on a trip. Is it really that important to look like a dork.

BTW, you might as well not wear your hat and just put sunglasses on top of your head like most XJT guys do.

Unprofessional cause you carry something with you???? I know a couple of 50 yr old's that carry roller blades with them and have for yrs... come on get a life you guys....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back