• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

jETblue Kid and his skateboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

BILL LUMBERG

Total Time
9 to 5
So I'm in the Southwest/JB terminal in MCO on Friday when this Jetblue F/O and his Commuter pilot girlfriend walk by and he has a SKATEBOARD under his arm.

Not so comedic yet?? Well, The lady next to me says "Is that a skateboard under his arm??"

Her husband (Picture a Grizzled old KO-REA vet!) responds..."Yeah, I'll be damned if I'm getting on Doogie Howser and Barbies Plane!!!"

Effing Hilarious.....everybody around him saw it and laughed.....I thought the guitar luggers were goofy, but this kid's gonna "Shred the Halfpipe DUDE" on his layover....

What have we become??

BLUE BAYOU

Total Time
Maybe it was a gift for his nephew? I've bought some Seaworld stuffed animals and a princess hat at the Disney store for my kids in the Orlando airport--what does that make me?

thor2j

Total Time
Oh yeah forgot to mention he had some Union Jack socks on.

StopNTSing

Total Time
9500+
Maybe it was a gift for his nephew? I've bought some Seaworld stuffed animals and a princess hat at the Disney store for my kids in the Orlando airport--what does that make me?

An apologist

kwick

Total Time
enough
There is about a 50% chance that he's a Commuter pilot too, since about half their planes now are RJs.

Last edited:

DiverDriver

Welcome to The Fall.
Total Time
There is about a 50% chance that he's a commuter pilot too, since about half their planes now are RJs.

Last I checked Jet Blue didn't have a commuter contract carrier. Has that changed? Just because the title of the plane says "RJ" doesn't make a regional.

Wesb737fo

Total Time
So I'm in the Southwest/JB terminal in MCO on Friday when this Jetblue F/O and his Commuter pilot girlfriend walk by and he has a SKATEBOARD under his arm.

Not so comedic yet?? Well, The lady next to me says "Is that a skateboard under his arm??"

Her husband (Picture a Grizzled old KO-REA vet!) responds..."Yeah, I'll be damned if I'm getting on Doogie Howser and Barbies Plane!!!"

Effing Hilarious.....everybody around him saw it and laughed.....I thought the guitar luggers were goofy, but this kid's gonna "Shred the Halfpipe DUDE" on his layover....

What have we become??

What's wrong with carrying a travel guitar? I'm actually looking for a good electric travel guitar cause sometimes I be jonezin' to play. Especially in some of the layover hotels we stay. What the hel! else am I going to do with 18 hours in Flint?

Agreed on the skate punk thing. It would only have been better if he had tried some 360 mctwist flippy doodad and busted his A$$.

Trogdor

Burninating the Peasants
Total Time
7000+
Agreed on the skate punk thing. It would only have been better if he had tried some 360 mctwist flippy doodad and busted his A$$.

He did that on his walk-around, you just missed it.

Skank

Total Time

What have we become??
I don't carry a guitar on the road, yet. But you just inspired me to get one.

Bavarian Chef

Registered jetBluser
Total Time

What have we become??

Was Barbie hot?

whymeworry?

Total Time
12000+
So..... according to you? Pilot's shouldn't be allowed to skate?

Who cares what the pax think? All they want is the cheapest ticket subsidized by the cheapest wages.

9rj9

Total Time
5 til2
At least they don't farm out their flying.

DIAMONDDD

Total Time
some
"Well would you look at that goofball pilot with the skateboard. How immature. I'll quickly post this on FI.com for the rest of the ladies so's we can all be indignant together."

SFR

Pilot Guy
Total Time
I agree, it us very unprofessional to have a skateboard, guitar and/or backpack.

Come on guys/gals, how much stuff do you possibly need to carry on a trip. Is it really that important to look like a dork.

BTW, you might as well not wear your hat and just put sunglasses on top of your head like most XJT guys do.

Deli Guy

Total Time
googol
I happen to like wearing a cap....beanie actually with a little propellor on top AND lick a large multi color lolipop while I skip through the terminal. Does that make me any less of a pilot? (The lolipop does goo up my goatee, but what the heck)

Dogwood

Total Time

What have we become??

The appearance part of professional standards here at JetBlue is clearly our weak point.

We have some real winners here. Long hair, beards, non-standard uniform items, etc.

Personally, I really don't care as long as they can do a good job, and treat the customers well.

With our blue shirts, most of the passengers now think we are part of TSA, so the skateboard thing probably isn't an issue.

Truth is, I doubt this really happened as written. Too many details.

DW

filejw

Total Time
I agree, it us very unprofessional to have a skateboard, guitar and/or backpack.

Come on guys/gals, how much stuff do you possibly need to carry on a trip. Is it really that important to look like a dork.

BTW, you might as well not wear your hat and just put sunglasses on top of your head like most XJT guys do.

Unprofessional cause you carry something with you???? I know a couple of 50 yr old's that carry roller blades with them and have for yrs... come on get a life you guys....

Status
Not open for further replies.