Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Embraer disagrees, hence the name, ERJ-190.

No, not even close to a full-size bin. If more than half the passengers bring a rollaboard, they aren't going to fit, because they have to go sideways.

It's a nice enough airplane, and I concur about the middle seats, but don't pretend it's something it isn't.

..and a DC9 is any bigger, not even on some MD-80's can I get my rollerboard in other than sideways. and depending on the airline, no middle seat on one side or the other. the major difference is the pay.

You're an idiot.

Your monster raise at JB is a $30,000 pay cut from my crappy turboprop job at the regionals. Not that JB isn't a nice place to work- I have plenty of freinds there- But it isn't the ticket to wealth and fortune. Most regional guys undergo significant reductions in pay to begin a JB career. For those of us with accrued families during the post 9/11 drought, it is sometimes an impossible jump to make. Sometimes good enough just has to be good enough.

Passing judgement on others rational and very personal life choices tells me a lot about your character... I am hoping that I am just missing your sarcasm here.

Very well said. A pilot carrying a skateboard, surfboard, guitar, tennis racket or whatever else is probably someone who has a more complete life than some uptight anal guy who goes around pointing fingers at everyone.
I gotta laugh at the Douglas Nedemeyers on here complaining about the spiky haired kids with backpacks. Fact is, those spiky haired kids with back packs seem to be doing a pretty good job. Those guys have just as good a safety record as anyone else. They have been operating complex turbine powered aircraft out of every type of airport in all kinds of weather with a very good success rate.
Most pilots I know are no were near as uptight and judgemental as the few finger pointers on here are. The ones who are usually are pretty weak themselves.
Personally I could care less wether a guy wears a hat or not, has a leather jacket or not, has a backpack, nor am I impressed by what or were he/she flies. A good person is a good person, an uptight fingerpointer would be better off staying home and listening to Rush Limbaugh.

Very well said. A pilot carrying a skateboard, surfboard, guitar, tennis racket or whatever else is probably someone who has a more complete life than some uptight anal guy who goes around pointing fingers at everyone.
I gotta laugh at the Douglas Nedemeyers on here complaining about the spiky haired kids with backpacks. Fact is, those spiky haired kids with back packs seem to be doing a pretty good job. Those guys have just as good a safety record as anyone else. They have been operating complex turbine powered aircraft out of every type of airport in all kinds of weather with a very good success rate.
Most pilots I know are no were near as uptight and judgemental as the few finger pointers on here are. The ones who are usually are pretty weak themselves.
Personally I could care less wether a guy wears a hat or not, has a leather jacket or not, has a backpack, nor am I impressed by what or were he/she flies. A good person is a good person, an uptight fingerpointer would be better off staying home and listening to Rush Limbaugh.

You need to change you attitude.
This is Flightinfo, where if you don't do, behave, look and live exactly as I do, you are a tool.

So I'm in the Southwest/JB terminal in MCO on Friday when this Jetblue F/O and his Commuter pilot girlfriend walk by and he has a SKATEBOARD under his arm.

Not so comedic yet?? Well, The lady next to me says "Is that a skateboard under his arm??"

Her husband (Picture a Grizzled old KO-REA vet!) responds..."Yeah, I'll be damned if I'm getting on Doogie Howser and Barbies Plane!!!"

Effing Hilarious.....everybody around him saw it and laughed.....I thought the guitar luggers were goofy, but this kid's gonna "Shred the Halfpipe DUDE" on his layover....

What have we become??

But your there every week asking us for a ride arn't ya? Sunglasses on the head, skateboard under the arm, guitar over the shoulder, who the hell cares. How about accepting pay cuts, no retirement, benifits cuts, relaxing scope......thats what we have become!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back