• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue kicks family off plane for toddlers tantrum

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is exactly why I dream of some day being good enough to fly cargo.

Really? All I said was that I can hardly imagine a prospective customer that would be turned off by this. I don't see it as a PR nightmare, more of a human interest story to which tons of people can relate, and the majority of which would appreciate being allowed to continue their flight in relative peace.

In my experiences as an employee, J/Ser, deadheader, and customer in more recent years I consider myself one of that majority. Anywhere there is there is a child running amok in public, there is a failure of parenting. (Notice the careful wording of that sentence). It is the crew's responsibility to the customers on board to see that one child isn't holding the lot of them hostage.

+1

Of course the mother is going to go on TV and say what a little angel her kid is and that those terrible JetBlue people went out of their way just to inconvenience her and her family.
Thumbs up to the skipper for making the tough call and backing up his cabin crew.

The regs say ALL passengers over the age of 24 months must be seated in their own seat with their seatbelt fastened prior to the aircraft moving under it's own power.

Where is the question here?

The regs say ALL passengers over the age of 24 months must be seated in their own seat with their seatbelt fastened prior to the aircraft moving under it's own power.

Where is the question here?

Ms. Soccer Mom doesn't believe the rules apply to her and her little "angles." She wants the world to bow down to her because she has kids. And after all she paid $89 for her ticket, so she thinks she can do whatever she wants.

Ms. Soccer Mom doesn't believe the rules apply to her and her little "angles." She wants the world to bow down to her because she has kids. And after all she paid $89 for her ticket, so she thinks she can do whatever she wants.

Overall, it never ceases to amaze me how many women consider themselves God's gift to civilization only on the basis of a brat(s) being yanked out of their crotch at some point in time.

I say good for the captain. These little brats and the parents who can't control them need a wakeup call. If your child can't be controlled, then don't bring it on an airplane for a vacation. Vacation someplace where you can drive until your rugrat is old enough to not jump out of its seat and run around while an airplane is trying to depart.

No sympathy.

I agree! Good job Blue!

If you're child have a tendency to misbehave on a plane, then they have to try to travel by different means until the child is old enough to travel by air.

Your child having tantrum doesn't make you bad family, but certainly not suitable to be on an airplane. You can get off, get your situation under control, then get on the flight later. If you end up spending more money on the hotel or the flights because you got kicked off, that's the risk you took traveling with a small kid.

Overall, it never ceases to amaze me how many women consider themselves God's gift to civilization only on the basis of a brat(s) being yanked out of their crotch at some point in time.

I was at DEN a few months ago waiting for my flight. The previous flight at that gate just pushed. A lady and her kids come running up "wait for me...wait for me" The gate agent told her she was SOL she goes "but I have kids..." like 5 times. wtf does she expect???? "Oh you have kids lets make the plane come back then...." Unbeliveable

Latest resources

Back