• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue kicks family off plane for toddlers tantrum

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did this same very thing out of Orlando to Milwaukee, kicked a family of 6 off. I say good for the Jetblue pilot.

In my case the dam kid was screaming up and down the aisle would not stay in the seat and the mom didn't give a sH#$ I after I returned to the gate and went back there to see what was going they all started screaming at me,

SEE YA! grab your stuff and go.

This is much closer to the real situation from what I have heard. The news reports are just one side of the story.

I had to have the agents pull a lady with her incessantly barking dog a couple of months ago. I'm talking about one of those dogs that doesn't come up for air and just barks non-stop. According to the gate agents, the dog was barking the entire time they were in the gate area - at least an hour and other passengers were already complaining. The agents initially claimed they couldn't pull the dog for barking, but I referred them to their own station manual pet guidelines and told them we weren't closing the door with the dog barking...period. I tried to point out to the GSC that we would pull a passenger that was being this disruptive, so it's only right that we consider the other passengers in this situation and pull the animal.

The rest of the passengers applauded after she left. Her husband let her go and stayed on the plane (nice!) She showed up the next day for the same flight with a properly sedated pooch.

It's funny how we have guidelines in the Station Manual for removing unruly pets, but there's nothing to use other than your best judgement when it's an unruly kid and his mother.

wow with sound logic like that you should be heading an airline. Im sure it will be a cash cow. Moron.

Really? All I said was that I can hardly imagine a prospective customer that would be turned off by this. I don't see it as a PR nightmare, more of a human interest story to which tons of people can relate, and the majority of which would appreciate being allowed to continue their flight in relative peace.

In my experiences as an employee, J/Ser, deadheader, and customer in more recent years I consider myself one of that majority. Anywhere there is there is a child running amok in public, there is a failure of parenting. (Notice the careful wording of that sentence). It is the crew's responsibility to the customers on board to see that one child isn't holding the lot of them hostage.

PR issue? I imagine that the majority of people ikely to buy an airline ticket are only more likely to try Jblu because of this. 2 thumbs up to the crew for standing up for the rest of the pax on board.

Exactly. Every business traveler out there reading this story is cheering....and planning to book his next flight on JetBlue.

$2000 for a one night room? I would have slept in the terminal or rent a car and slept in that before i pay that much money.

this from another board:

I heard about this from my buddy when it happened. The short of the story is this; in total, 15 mins off the gate. The lady says there's nothing she can do about the kid running up and down the isle. Tells the F1 "What's the big deal, let's just go" and refuses to do anything. The Captain makes a PA saying they can't go til everyone is seated. On the final call to the F1 he hears the lady screaming at the F1. She was out of control, and verbally abusive. This was not a case of an unruly toddler.

The truth is....only the woman was asked to get off for causing a disturbance. The rest of the family just followed.

Exactly. Every business traveler out there reading this story is cheering....and planning to book his next flight on JetBlue.

Every business traveler is smarter than that. You? Well........

Latest resources

Back