• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue June 3 interview results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats to you two, but I'm seeing a disturbing trend. JetBlue seems to be targeting lower time guys with little or no 121 experience. Translation: JetBlue management is betting these guys are the happy to have a job type and will be anti-union.

I know dozens of pilots with well over 8000TT (most of it 121 jet time) that can't get an interview. They all have 121 TPIC, multiple internal recs and went to the meet and greet. How is it they can't even get an interview while relative rookies can? The obvious answer is they are also all experienced in dealing with airline management. They will be less likely to become addicted to the Blue Kool-Aid.

Unions and management aside, it's patently unfair to bypass more experienced and more qualified pilots in favor of relatively less experienced aviators. Which value are we practicing when we do that?

Again, congrats to av8tor4239 and milehigh6080. It's good to have a diverse mix of pilots. I still would like to start seeing some examples of higher time, 121 experienced pilots getting a chance too.

Not to complain because I have found a really fun job..But I'm very near one of those guys...

Close to 7000hrs. (only 400TJPIC), 3-4 internal recs. , a possible blue dart, put the app. in maybe 3 hrs after the window opened. 5 years 121, 1 year corporate, 2 years fractional. Flown in the NE most of my career, lived in NY state, and have followed JB since their inception. And had 2 guys send me the open house e-mail..

I didn't even get an invite to the open house? Not getting an interview is ok to swallow because of all the guys on the street, but not to even get to the open house was weird. I'm still pretty young and considered myself a typical JB pilot type, so I've been told by numerous FA's there in the past.

There is no rhyme or reason for hiring. I have used basically the same resume for every job, and it has worked well so far (IE: Comair when everyone wanted to work there (albeit a regional), NJA when everyone wanted on there. So I don't think it was my "presentation" and certainly not my diversification.
It's really the luck of the draw. For the most part we can all fly an airplane the same no matter what the hours say in our logbook.

It's really the luck of the draw.
I wish that was true.

The Band of Blue radicals on the PINS Committee do not think you would be happy in the right seat for the next 10 years.

I think the radicals on the PINS committee are showing that they have no faith that JetBlue will grow in the future and don't want to bring in highly experienced pilots who may or may not be content sitting right seat for the next decade. The risk that you or anyone else may not be happy is something that they are intent on minimizing.

Remember, we will have CapeAir flow though candidates starting in 2012. http://www.flycapeairjobs.com/University_Gateway.html

Last edited:
Congrats to you two, but I'm seeing a disturbing trend. JetBlue seems to be targeting lower time guys with little or no 121 experience. Translation: JetBlue management is betting these guys are the happy to have a job type and will be anti-union.

I know dozens of pilots with well over 8000TT (most of it 121 jet time) that can't get an interview. They all have 121 TPIC, multiple internal recs and went to the meet and greet. How is it they can't even get an interview while relative rookies can? The obvious answer is they are also all experienced in dealing with airline management. They will be less likely to become addicted to the Blue Kool-Aid.

Unions and management aside, it's patently unfair to bypass more experienced and more qualified pilots in favor of relatively less experienced aviators. Which value are we practicing when we do that?

Again, congrats to av8tor4239 and milehigh6080. It's good to have a diverse mix of pilots. I still would like to start seeing some examples of higher time, 121 experienced pilots getting a chance too.

I believe your analysis is wrong. I meet the minimum qualifications that you arbitrarily set, plus I have a few things that most of the better qualified pilots don't have.

I notice that you believe JetBlue should not pursue candidates that will be happy working there. Can you explain your thought process? I would think that every organization, whether airline or not, attempts to hire people that will be happy working there.

...plus I have a few things that most of the better qualified pilots don't have.

1). You are homosexual?
2). FOBOBR - Friend of a Band of Blue Radical on the Pins Committee?
3). Blue Dart?

Sincerely wish you the best and I hope you enjoy the experience.

1). You are homosexual?
2). FOBOBR - Friend of a Band of Blue Radical on the Pins Committee?
3). Blue Dart?

Sincerely wish you the best and I hope you enjoy the experience.

LOL, no, none of the above. But, I now see the level of thought you put into your posts. Very impressive!

Unfortunatley Splert is correct. I have been at JB 3 years and it is a regional airline flying bigger aircraft. They most definatley target lower time pilots that will be happy with the pay and work rules. This place is getting worse by the day with the new FSM,which will eventually take the pay increase to a decrease. Do not be fooled that you are going to a major airline - JB will be no better maybe worse than the regional or corporate job, you currentley hold.

Sorry to burst the bubble but think wisely before you get hooked on the juice.

Dang it!!! Finally break 10,000 hours and I'm still a low-time rookie! What gives?

In all seriousness, can you provide a little more detail on why you say it is a regional? How do the work rules compare to a typical regional, for instance Pinnacle, and to a legacy like Delta? Is working at JetBlue just now that miserable, or is it the fear of what might occur in the future because of no CBA?
Any useful information is appreciated.

In all seriousness, can you provide a little more detail on why you say it is a regional? How do the work rules compare to a typical regional, for instance Pinnacle, and to a legacy like Delta? Is working at JetBlue just now that miserable, or is it the fear of what might occur in the future because of no CBA?
Any useful information is appreciated.

Yeah......like he said.

Do a test commute to a 0300 reserve period and then repeat 3 or 4 more time during the month. Then practice 2 duty period in one day. Then consider crediting 75 hours in 14 days then having to sit 4 more days for free (no additional credit) with an 0300 reserve period commute.

Duty limits are FARS and we fly 24 hours a day.

Day sleep away from home for the next 3 years in a crash pad in JFK.

This place is not bad if you can get off reserve. But I really don't think the next 50 hired will be off reserve for years.

But hey you fly really cool aircraft really really tired all the time.

Last edited:
Look I am not here to burst your bubble. I am only saying that things right now are not the greatest. I am in the top 25 percent bidding in my base and let me tell you the schedules compare to a regional. Pinnacle for instance, I was a street CA there and yes JB is better but not by much. If you are a CA at a regional you will take a pay cut. You will be on reserve for years and then some. This company has publically stated that the A-320 deliveries are more than they need for growth plans. They will sell or lease those deliveries to keep growth in check. You need to make your own decision and live with it. I have never been a pro union type but believe me this place needs ALPA. We all don't neccesarily want a union-we quite simply need a union.

Good luck and be cautious when making a choice for your family.

Latest resources

Back