• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue June 3 interview results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stats are current, my background is freight flying- PIC in a caravan for about 1200 hours and a boat load of Lear SIC time, then I've been at NetJets for the past 3 years, currently furloughed. That's why my time building stalled- I flew a total of 385 hours in my 3 years at NetJets . . . no wonder we furloughed.

That is pretty interesting. Many of the experts on flight info would probably think a guy with your stats would have no chance. Caravan time doesn't count, sic time doesn't count, 3500 hours isn't enough......but here you are. 1000's of pilots looking to move on to a better job probably have more PIC time than you have total time but either way hiring departments always like to have a mix in each class. Allegiant does it the same way. I always think it is funny when the experts are wrong.

That is pretty interesting. Many of the experts on flight info would probably think a guy with your stats would have no chance. Caravan time doesn't count, sic time doesn't count, 3500 hours isn't enough......but here you are. 1000's of pilots looking to move on to a better job probably have more PIC time than you have total time but either way hiring departments always like to have a mix in each class. Allegiant does it the same way. I always think it is funny when the experts are wrong.

I'm glad they were wrong too!

I honestly didn't expect much when I applied. I kept telling my wife not to get her hopes up because I definitely don't look as good on paper as a lot of the guys out there who are applying. Regardless, I've always been of the opinion that you should apply to any job you want whether or not you feel you're competitive. It's not my job to decide if I'm competitive, that responsibility lies with the recruiters. It's my job to see how my skills and personality traits line up with what the employer is looking for and sell myself as a perfect match to them if they decide to give me a shot at interviewing. People put too much emphasis on flight times and not enough emphasis on interviewing skills. I think interviewing skills are one of the most underrated aspects of building a successful career, aviation or otherwise.

My JB story:

I applied to JB 10 hours after the application window was opened on April 30. I networked with every JB pilot I knew... Happened to be 3 pilots. One really took me under his wing and sent me the Open house RSVP within 1 hour of him receiving it via email. I then filled it out and sent it in a couple hours later. I was invited to the Open house in orlando. I attended along with 300 other applicants. I was called May 28 to interview in NY on June 9. There were 50 people interviewd June 9th..( 150 total i believe) I passed the interview and was notified June 16th that I am in Phase II and the background check.

Total time 4500, 1100 PIC, 100 PIC Turbine, 700 Jet, 2500 Turboprop, ... two type ratings and an sic type... non military, mix of 121 and fractional experience....there is much more to my life than flying... on paper and in reality...I consider myself diversified...

Good luck to all that are interested....I am very excited about this opportunity

Last edited:
My JB story:

I applied to JB 10 hours after the application window was opened on April 30. I networked with every JB pilot I knew... Happened to be 3 pilots. One really took me under his wing and sent me the Open house RSVP within 1 hour of him receiving it via email. I then filled it out and sent it in a couple hours later. I was invited to the Open house in orlando. I attended along with 300 other applicants. I was called May 28 to interview in NY on June 9. There were 50 people interviewd June 9th..( 150 total i believe) I passed the interview and was notified June 16th that I am in Phase II and the background check.

Total time 4500, 1100 PIC, 100 PIC Turbine, 700 Jet, 2500 Turboprop, ... two type ratings and an sic type... non military, mix of 121 and fractional experience....there is much more to my life than flying... on paper and in reality...I consider myself diversified...

Good luck to all that are interested....I am very excited about this opportunity

Congrats! Hopefully Phase II will go quickly and painlessly- reading some old threads from the last time they hired, I think we're in for an emotional roller coaster while they do their due diligence on us. 90-95% of people make it through though, so I'm sure we'll be going to class at some point, hopefully sooner than later from my unemployed perspective.

My JB story:

My resume is very diversified also. They made a point to mention that at the interview. Although my flight times and qualifications are just as competitive as most others, I am out of currency by a while (not counting a few hours buzzing around in a Citabria and a 172). I think they place a lot of importance on the person and their achievements, not just flight hours.

Congrats to you two, but I'm seeing a disturbing trend. JetBlue seems to be targeting lower time guys with little or no 121 experience. Translation: JetBlue management is betting these guys are the happy to have a job type and will be anti-union.

I know dozens of pilots with well over 8000TT (most of it 121 jet time) that can't get an interview. They all have 121 TPIC, multiple internal recs and went to the meet and greet. How is it they can't even get an interview while relative rookies can? The obvious answer is they are also all experienced in dealing with airline management. They will be less likely to become addicted to the Blue Kool-Aid.

Unions and management aside, it's patently unfair to bypass more experienced and more qualified pilots in favor of relatively less experienced aviators. Which value are we practicing when we do that?

Again, congrats to av8tor4239 and milehigh6080. It's good to have a diverse mix of pilots. I still would like to start seeing some examples of higher time, 121 experienced pilots getting a chance too.

I can appreciate your concern, but I think it's a mistake to tie "qualification" in with hours. With any job, airline or not, there are minimum qualifications which everyone needs to meet. Beyond that point, "qualified" is whatever the company defines it as and finding the right match seems more important. In JetBlue's case, "qualified" appears to have a lot to do with a candidate's personality and their desire to provide great customer service- the actual formula is likely only known to the people directly involved with the decision making. If that's what qualified is, I'm very qualified, and you clearly were too. I'm a hard working and outgoing person who has a very clear concept of who actually pays my bills- the company may write the check, but they can't do that if I don't take care of the customers. Of course I made sure to point that out in the interview- an interview is your opportunity to show the company that you're a good match for what they're looking for, and I know I am a good match for JetBlue. That makes me "qualified."

I've been in positions before where I've tried to help buddies get hired at my company when I knew they would be a perfect fit- for whatever reason, the recruiters saw it differently. It was frustrating for me, but that's not to say that the candidates that the recruiters were hiring were not qualified just because they didn't hire my qualified friends. Did they miss some qualified guys? Sure. Will JetBlue miss some qualified guys? No doubt, there are tons and tons of extremely good candidates out there, there is no way they can scoop them all up right now. Frustrating, sure, but it doesn't mean that they're hiring "unqualified" guys instead of "qualified" ones.

Last edited:
Congrats to you two, but I'm seeing a disturbing trend. JetBlue seems to be targeting lower time guys with little or no 121 experience. Translation: JetBlue management is betting these guys are the happy to have a job type and will be anti-union.

I know dozens of pilots with well over 8000TT (most of it 121 jet time) that can't get an interview. They all have 121 TPIC, multiple internal recs and went to the meet and greet. How is it they can't even get an interview while relative rookies can? The obvious answer is they are also all experienced in dealing with airline management. They will be less likely to become addicted to the Blue Kool-Aid.

Unions and management aside, it's patently unfair to bypass more experienced and more qualified pilots in favor of relatively less experienced aviators. Which value are we practicing when we do that?

Again, congrats to av8tor4239 and milehigh6080. It's good to have a diverse mix of pilots. I still would like to start seeing some examples of higher time, 121 experienced pilots getting a chance too.

Wow, picking pilots with an actual work eithic.... amazing.

Are they only calling people for interviews who have internal recs? Or has anyone got a call for an interview without one? I used to work for jetblue as customer service for 2 years and have 5000 hours total, 2000 hours turbine PIC/121 but no internal recs. Still waiting for interview. Was hoping that previously working there might help. Im assuming its going to take a miracle for me to get an interview without an in internal rec. Congrads to all those who got the interview and my best wishes to all of us who are still waiting.

Latest resources

Back