• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Jumpseats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sure would be nice to web-list on each other's j/s or nonrev systems and be validated by a quick look at the passport/ID at the gate....I know...wishful thinking!

Anyway, the best thing to help cut down wait times (avg 23 min or so for me) on hold is to have your "profile number" handy when calling. They used to be able to call up your profile by your phone No. before, but I guess the new system won't. Once you've given your life history, you can ask for your profile number and give that next time to save the agent from the '20 questions' routine and help the rest of us out in the queue!

My only other problem is the Kiosk recognizing my booking reference, getting most the way through, then getting the boot to 'see an agent.' Had a phone agent tell me I was mis-entered as an employee nonrev. So, hopefully that'll get straightened out. It's so much nicer to be able to spit out a seat request from the Kiosk!

If anyone has any issues jumpseating on JetBlue, please contact your jumpseat coordinator. The pilot group is not responsible for this new computer system, and is aware of the OAL issues. The system is improving, but is still not up to par. I can tell you that I always ask the gate agent if there are any OAL jumpseaters. I make sure that no one is left behind.

Unfortunately gate agent issues are not airline specific, but are more prone in some cities than others, no matter what uniform colors are being worn. Talk to your jumpseat coordinator, and if at all possible, talk with the flight crew. In time, this will pass.

Latest resources

Back