• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Jumpseats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is correct. You can't run to the gate anymore, JFK is the worst station for jumpseating. Ask to speak to the captain if the agent is not helping.

Don't blame the pilots for your last minute run to the gate. I have been turned away at SWA, AA, UAL and CAL when I show up last minute. This is not a new problem in the industry, just new at jetblue.

We are working on the call ahead number, but have your Jumpseat Cord. get in touch with ours.

Always try to talk to the crew, 98% of the time they will help (we have a few who don't play well with others).

Did you try taking a shower?

Jfk. Can't go to the gate and get on. Have to go to a service counter and wait in line. Also you have to prelist on the phone which is taking 1-2 hours. Jumping last minute is now impossible!

Truly sorry you got screwed; JFK is our worst station. Did you talk to, or attempt to get in touch with, the CA? If not, go to your J/S coordinator. Date, Flt number, and what time you arrived at the gate.

The deal is, the wait for the number is crap, and it's true the agent will try to shuffle you to the Just Ask desk. However, both our FOM and SOM (the airport agents' ops manual) specify you will be processed if you arrive at least 10 prior. I have verified with the JFK CP office that the new system has NOT changed the policy. None of us are happy that our brothers/sisters from OAL are getting screwed, and we're trying to fix it. Starting a J/S war will guarantee it doesn't get fixed.

PS, if you work for a certain regional flying the world's oldest CRJs from T2/3, you do know your agents there shuttle us to the service desk as well, right? I've missed a couple rides because of that, but don't advocate kicking y'all off the J/S. Hopefully we'll get back to being truly friendly to our OAL bros as the kinks get worked out, and soon.

Last edited:
Comair does not have gate agents working in jfk, they are all delta gate agents. The setup at gate 23-25 is a joke. Sorry for the inconvenience you have encountererd there.

Jfk. Can't go to the gate and get on. Have to go to a service counter and wait in line. Also you have to prelist on the phone which is taking 1-2 hours. Jumping last minute is now impossible!

Send me a PM. I'll put you in touch with B6 jumpseat committee.

New Non rev listing number
1-888-538-2997
IMHO this is the best option for the short term with the new system.

PS, if you work for a certain regional flying the world's oldest CRJs from T2/3, you do know your agents there shuttle us to the service desk as well, right? I've missed a couple rides because of that, but don't advocate kicking y'all off the J/S. Hopefully we'll get back to being truly friendly to our OAL bros as the kinks get worked out, and soon.

Sorry you are having an issue there. Even we have been told by our CP's to proceed to the service center between gates 23/25 to process our deadhead seat cards...so as not to overburden the gate agents...(you're supposed to go to the side of the service desk and the agents are supposed to take care of you ahead of other passengers, in theory). Now to their credit these 2-3 poor folks at gates 23/25 are trying to board up to 10 flts through one gate, so you DO have to cut them SOME slack. It's a crap operation there in T2, but it can work IF you work with it.

Just allow yourself some time and don't expect a miracle if there's an IROP going on...

:smash:

Good luck, I've carried many, many JB guys out of there...

Hey guys, the service desk issue there in T2 is no biggie; it just caught me off guard a couple times when I was running to make a flight last minute (which is what the OP said about our flight). The agents have actually been pretty great, but I've been told there's nothing they can do when they're trying to board a bunch of flights, and don't expect anything different, honestly.

I don't ever advocate punishing pilots for the failings of the Customer Service people. Again, for JB the policy in our applicable manuals states you WILL be accomodated up to 10 minutes prior; you just may need to catch the attention of the crew to make this happen. I'm doing my best to sweep the area for J/S peeps now, and hopefully we'll get this crap fixed soon.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back