• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue January Interview results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It doesn't appear that you can update your application until you break the next "time bracket" they have listed, i.e. you break 6,000 hours total time, 4,000 PIC turbine, etc, or you change employers or positions, i.e. F/O to CA.

Anyone else have any info on how to let them know you're still interested between 4,000 and 6,000 total time (or in my boat between 6,000 and 8,000)?

Good luck to all the interviewees!

p.s. Longhorn, you're gonna have to drink more beer than you did the other night if you want to gain that 20 lbs of "worry weight" back! Don't turn into a lightweight on us now that you've got your "dream shot"! :)

Last edited:
R~
Yea, like I need to put on another 20lbs...I need to lose about another 20 lbs or so.

Thanks again for the Green Mill

I also interviewed on the 11th. I've heard that the "military only" investigations usually go the quickest, but I haven't heard anything yet. I was told to expect it to take at least a month. Oh well, I can think of a lot worse situations to be in.

FlyingFred said:
I guess I didn't clarify....to get the interview in the first place, how did you submit your resume (other than their website)...I placed my resume on their website last year and can't seem to figure out how to update said resume....it just keeps listing it as having applied in '04, and I am afraid I can not update my resume with them (i.e.flight time)

After you log in, click "VIEW YOUR PROFILE > EDIT PROFILE"

At the bottom there is a place where you can paste in your resume. Use that area to keep your time up to the most current hour. As long as you edit something in your file weekly, you should be OK. You can also change your availability date everyday if you like. I edited my online application monthly for 2 1/2 years before I got the interview. I don't know if it helped, but I'm sure it didn't hurt. The folks at JetBlue are great, so whatever you do to increase your chances, it's worth it.

Dogwood said:
After you log in, click "VIEW YOUR PROFILE > EDIT PROFILE"

At the bottom there is a place where you can paste in your resume. Use that area to keep your time up to the most current hour. As long as you edit something in your file weekly, you should be OK. You can also change your availability date everyday if you like. I edited my online application monthly for 2 1/2 years before I got the interview. I don't know if it helped, but I'm sure it didn't hurt. The folks at JetBlue are great, so whatever you do to increase your chances, it's worth it.

Maybe someone can jump in here if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure you have to update a little more frequently. I believe there is a part of the software that selects candidates for interviews only if you have not passed your availability date. If you have passed it then the computer doesn't recognize that you have an application on file. So, make sure when you update that you put a date for availability out there a month ahead or so, and just update your app every month. Best of luck.

"dogwood"
Did you get a phase II confirmation letter after the Jan Interview?

elag777 said:
"dogwood"
Did you get a phase II confirmation letter after the Jan Interview?

Yes we did. It was an email that stated we were moving to Phase II, and explained the process.

Last edited:
Sounds like a waiting game then, from intel I am told 70% of the cadidates interviewed make it through to be offered a class, Best of luck Dogwood!

Dogwood, what happened to the letter? Why did you chop it up?
I thought it was really nice you put yours online so others could read.
Hope it didn't break any rules, just thought it was nice of you for those that are future hopefuls.

Smitty said:
Dogwood, what happened to the letter? Why did you chop it up?
I thought it was really nice you put yours online so others could read.
Hope it didn't break any rules, just thought it was nice of you for those that are future hopefuls.

I had second thoughts about posting the entire letter. It was sent to me as an email, and as a general rule I don't repost emails without the permission of the sender. I have yet to be hired, so I do not want to do something improper.

I'm sure there was no problem with posting the letter, but I'm just taking the conservative route at this point in the process.

Thanks for your understanding.

Latest resources

Back