jetBlue January Interview results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dogwood

Has anyone who has interviewed, heard anything from the January 11/12 jetBlue interviews? I guess they are trying to speed up the background check, so we should be getting close to hearing some results. Thanks.

Just curious why you think they are trying to speed up the background checks?

Last edited:
Smoking Man said:
Just curious why you think they are trying to speed up the background checks?

I was told that by someone in the people department in SLC. They sent us all the paperwork prior to the interview so if you were selected for phase II, then the BG check could start the next day.

I think in the past, the paperwork that must be completed for the BG check was sent after you were selected for Phase II. It's been 3 weeks, so we're all getting a little stir crazy as you can imagine. They estimated about 4 weeks before we heard anything.

Just to give you a heads up. It took just over 9 weeks to get a call, but its worth it. I think I was just about the last one to get called from the October 28th interviews. It was more than likely because it was over the Christmas Holiday that the 6-8 weeks landed and that might have delayed it. Don’t go and get stir crazy just yet, although its a great way to lose weight. I dropped almost 20 pounds throughout the whole process....
Good luck guys and gals.

Last edited:
Congrats Longhorn!

Nothing New

Dogwood said:
I think in the past, the paperwork that must be completed for the BG check was sent after you were selected for Phase II. It's been 3 weeks, so we're all getting a little stir crazy as you can imagine. They estimated about 4 weeks before we heard anything.

I interviewed two years ago and we submitted our paperwork before the interview, just like you did. I don't think this part of the hiring process has changed much. We might be trying to speed Phase II up in anticipation of the E190, but don't start getting crazy until at least week 8. It takes time to get all the principals together for the Pilot Hiring Committee to convene. Once they act on your results, you will hear very quickly whether or not a job is being offered. Best of luck and don't stress too much.

FlyingFred said:
How did you submit a resume, other than their website?

We didn't. Not sure what the question is. "The Paperwork" refers to the interview documents, if that's what you mean.

Everyone take a deep breath. It could take 8 to 10 weeks. Mine, mid last year took over two months.
Phase II is really not a pleasent time. Your currrent employer already knows and you are pulling your hair out. After two months you will start telling yourself that you don't even want the f*#!!**'n job.
Good luck to all and let me be the first to welcome you aboard.

Dogwood said:
We didn't. Not sure what the question is. "The Paperwork" refers to the interview documents, if that's what you mean.

I guess I didn't clarify....to get the interview in the first place, how did you submit your resume (other than their website)...I placed my resume on their website last year and can't seem to figure out how to update said resume....it just keeps listing it as having applied in '04, and I am afraid I can not update my resume with them (i.e.flight time)

Latest resources

Back