• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No but a company that has high aspirations has to hire and retain their talent when pilots talk with their feet companies have to talk with their wallets.. We are all overdue....

What about domiciles? There's this buzz about MCO and OAK, but is it going to happen? In addition to a competitive pay package, having more domicile choice might also help stem attrition. I'm not sure how much it costs the company to operate more domiciles. Pay and QOL are both very important to most of us, and domicile choice/quality is a huge part of QOL.

So, what's the real story with MCO and OAK? Are they going to happen, and if so, when? Would they be A320-only bases?

Thanks.

They still holding firm on the 1000 hours in an aircraft over 20,000lbs?

What about domiciles? There's this buzz about MCO and OAK, but is it going to happen? In addition to a competitive pay package, having more domicile choice might also help stem attrition. I'm not sure how much it costs the company to operate more domiciles. Pay and QOL are both very important to most of us, and domicile choice/quality is a huge part of QOL.

So, what's the real story with MCO and OAK? Are they going to happen, and if so, when? Would they be A320-only bases?

Thanks.

I have heard that MCO will become a base sometime around September.. Expect it to go very senior we have many many captains that live in and around mco.. I would not think it would be too difficult as an FO to get mco

On another note we have many pairings that overnight every night in mco..
I flew with a guy a few weeks ago that bids only mco trips he does about 95 hrs per month and averages only 3-4 days away per month.

We are starting up in SFO and operate OAK and SJC.. Considering that LGB will never grow as a base I would not be surprised to see a base there in a year or so once we get the bugs worked out of the 190 you will see the bird going north south out west..

Just living in a city we serve will have the biggest impact on your QOL

clickclickboom was very accurate, I made close to 60k yr 1, and @ 70 yr 2. Friend of mine held FLL out of training and he was hired 4 months ago. Reserve in JFK might be @ 6 months. Good product, good atmosphere, and new pay scales/402k.......

The JetBlue interview is all about finding out if you are a team player who is easy to get along with. Have some stories relating to all their core values: Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion, and Fun. Check out the gouge on aviationinterviews.com

I would also recommend reading "Blue Streak", and the 2006 annual report (available on the JetBlue website). The first question they asked was "Tell me everything you know about JetBlue".

Good luck.

Is there anyone here who interviewed on Apr 13 that can give some pointers? Thanks.

I interviewed on the 3rd of April and most of the gouge is spot on. Be prepared to tell some stories and do your homework about the company. Other than that just try to relax and be yourself. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Remember to smile also, that seems to be a big one.

The JetBlue interview is all about finding out if you are a team player who is easy to get along with. Have some stories relating to all their core values: Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion, and Fun. Check out the gouge on aviationinterviews.com

I would also recommend reading "Blue Streak" , and the 2006 annual report (available on the JetBlue website). The first question they asked was "Tell me everything you know about JetBlue".

Good luck.

Hi Dudemize,

Where would one find a copy of "Blue Streak" ?

Is this an actual book?

Sorry , not trying to ask a dumb question , I just never heard of it and the search I did for it did not pan out.....

Thanks,
Capt. Z

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back