• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This will be my first time attending an open house with JetBlue, What time does it start, and is that a firm date?

FYI.......

I cut and pasted this. The smiley faces are supposed to be times, as in 2:00, 9:00, and 1:00.

I've now edited this twice. I cannot get rid of the smiley faces, enjoy.

Pilot Open House
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Orlando Support Center
8265 Hangar Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32827
10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Visit our Training Campus in Orlando, Florida and meet the JetBlue Flight Operations, Training and Recruitment Leadership Team. Transportation: Our JetBlue 32 passenger bus will be departingMCO Terminal A, lower level, spaces 27/28 every 20 minutes between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. If you are driving, parking is available on campus.Attire: This is a casual event so please wear commuter friendlycasual business attire or your uniform. Apply on-line: If you are interested in joining the JetBlue Flight Ops Team, please apply on-line at www.jetblue.com. Candidates must meet our First Officer minimum qualificationsto be considered for employment. You are welcome to bring an updated resume to the Open House. Attendance is not required to be considered for an interview.

Last edited:
My F/O this month just got called for an interview later this month. He's ready to jump. I'd be a bit cautious. Heck, they just lowered their starting salaries. No a good start.

My F/O this month just got called for an interview later this month. He's ready to jump. I'd be a bit cautious. Heck, they just lowered their starting salaries. No a good start.

Disagree.. The bus was dropped to $47 to match the 190 rate.. Year two and Three are big jumps about 20% each year plus the 401k match is up to 5% with a min 5% additional benefit ( any profit sharing over 5% paid in cash)

Year three premium pay ( amt over 70 hrs is around $105 an hour year one premium is around $75) As busy as we are rignt now a new hire will be on reserve only a few months and could eaily pick up hours left and right if wanted.

Commuters can make around 50-55K year one and average 15 days off a month and a really aggressive in base FO can make almost 70,000 year one not counting the 5% ret 5% 401k or per diem.

Insurance is from day one,, paid $2500 a month in training, We have an awesome training facility with great instructors, transportation to and from training provided on JB and very nice hotels while in MCO..

Stock options are going away for new hires in favor the retirement above..

Disagree.. The bus was dropped to $47 to match the 190 rate.. Year two and Three are big jumps about 20% each year plus the 401k match is up to 5% with a min 5% additional benefit ( any profit sharing over 5% paid in cash)

Year three premium pay ( amt over 70 hrs is around $105 an hour year one premium is around $75) As busy as we are rignt now a new hire will be on reserve only a few months and could eaily pick up hours left and right if wanted.

Commuters can make around 50-55K year one and average 15 days off a month and a really aggressive in base FO can make almost 70,000 year one not counting the 5% ret 5% 401k or per diem.

Insurance is from day one,, paid $2500 a month in training, We have an awesome training facility with great instructors, transportation to and from training provided on JB and very nice hotels while in MCO..

Stock options are going away for new hires in favor the retirement above..

That's an overly rosy picture of what a first year guy will get based on my experience.

My frst year was 1.5 months on training pay ($2500 @ month), 9 months as a reserve on min guarantee ($3950 @ month) and 1.5 months as a lineholder (average credit about 85 hours). That's a grand total of arround $46K and I had zero opportunity to improve that because I was on reserve for almost all of the first year. That also means I had only 12 days off every month, not 15. Sure, there were some months I got cut loose a bit early, but did I average 15 days off? No way.

The new second year pay may be a 20% raise over the new first year pay of $47 but its a lousy $1 raise over the old 2nd year pay. I was already going to get $56 bucks next month and now I'm going to get $57. Whoohoo. That is not going to stop the bleeding of FOs to SWA, FedEx and UPS.

Last edited:
That's an overly rosy picture of what a first year guy will get based on my experience.

My frst year was 1.5 months on training pay ($2500 @ month), 9 months as a reserve on min guarantee ($3950 @ month) and 1.5 months as a lineholder (average credit about 85 hours). That's a grand total of arround $46K and I had zero opportunity to improve that because I was on reserve for almost all of the first year. That also means I had only 12 days off every month, not 15. Sure, there were some months I got cut loose a bit early, but did I average 15 days off? No way.

The new second year pay may be a 20% raise over the new first year pay of $47 but its a lousy $1 raise over the old 2nd year pay. I was already going to get $56 bucks next month and now I'm going to get $57. Whoohoo. That is not going to stop the bleeding of FOs to SWA, FedEx and UPS.

How bad is the bleeding of FO's?

Caveman I should have stated " First year as a continuous lineholder..

I agree we are losing FO's We used to have an unlimited supply of former captains with 4000-8000 hrs and thousands of PIC waiting for the call from JB.. Recalls are happening, Top tier companies are hiring and the shortage of qualified candidates is beginning.. It is the best thing that can happen for each and every one of us..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back