• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been here 11 months - straight out of the military. I am an A320 FO. I am really happy here. I was suprised to hear, shortly after I started, all the negativity on bluepilots.com. I think anywhere you go there will be those who just can't be pleased.

I am happy to get paid a little less to not have ALPA on the property. We'll see what our raise brings at the end of this month. We have a great product and flying brand new airplanes is really nice. I always smile when I see the jumpseaters' jaws drop when they see our plane/cockpit and I ask them to please plug in my company-issued laptop into the outlet next to them.

I like it here a lot and I think the company is going to be around a long time. Upgrades is ceratainly a wild card. I figure it will be about another 5 years before I could hold A320 Captain. But I have the option to bid for E190 CA in another year so I'm content with that. Considering upgrade times at other majors/legacies, that's not too bad.

We aren't perfect but who is. I wouldn't leave here except for maybe UPS of FedEx.

I guess I'm just a Flavor-Aid (that's right, not Kool-Aid) drinker. Hope this helps.

Upgrade 2.5 years at CAL. What is your experience with ALPA?

A few other JB questions:

1. If you commute to reserve in JFK, are there plenty of crashpad options? I.e, is it common to rent a room with someone else, rent a room from another JBer, that sort of thing?

2. Is there a particular part of town where most of the crashpads/commuters call "home"?

3. What do decent local hotels cost with the discount?

4. If you want to fly as much as you can, and stay out of the hotel/crashpad, is there typically enough flying for you to pick up?

5. If you're on reserve at JFK, is it easy to get TDY'd to another base to either sit reserve or pick up flying there if you request it?

6. I know this question has been asked before, but as long as I'm at it, what's your guess for upcoming domiciles, and what timeframe. For example, if you think MCO is going to open up, when do you think that will happen? If you see IAD or OAK or someplace in the midwest, what does your crystal ball tell you as to when?

Last edited:
Lines for April 320 FO's just came out. Jan 3rd hires got lines putting reserve at about 5 weeks on the 320. There were also 4 guys still in training that were awarded FLL. So now reserve is about a month on the 320 and you can get FLL before you are out of training. Nobody was awarded LGB and that base really has no movement. Probably could get there in about a year, but you won't hold a line as an FO until about the time you could hold CA in JFK. Probably around 3 years to hold a line in LGB for guys getting hired right now. Now if we open up an OAK base, then the left coast might actually be an option unlike it is now.

The hot rumor right now is expansion in Norcal before Virgin America starts up. Be prepare to see JB play a bigger role in SFO as gates in OAK are limited. JB will be operating out of the new international terminal on the B side (south side). A320s and E190s up and down the west coast. Don't be surprised to see ANC. Southwest will be back in a significant way. JB and LUV will give Virgin Am. a run for their $$$, not to mention UA and AS and AA.

Interesting stuff! I look forward for the opportunity to interview with JB. Any recommendations for an interview prep? Any info is greatly appreciated.

I went through my logbooks to recall some situations that I've had in the past. This made it easy to tell some stories at the interview.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back