• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue in full meltdown mode

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The European airlines have been operating under rest rules that 117 was based on, FOR YEARS! Try doing some research before making crap up.

Thank you
Was going to say the same

Bubble perspective-Some of you guys are just dumb about anything different than what you're used to

Check CNN.com...COO blaming 117, but ALPA is calling him out on it. Hilarious...and sad.

nice reasoning, coming from the airline that was the reason the tarmac delay program was started (jfk meltdown a few years ago).

such joy they have brought to this industry in their storied 15 years existence.....the airline whose pilots rely on everyone else to get to/from work.

nice reasoning, coming from the airline that was the reason the tarmac delay program was started (jfk meltdown a few years ago).

such joy they have brought to this industry in their storied 15 years existence.....the airline whose pilots rely on everyone else to get to/from work.

14 Years!

You base your premise on what?

case in point- I got to the hotel at 830pm (2 hours late tonight). a quick overnight that allows me to get home at 3pm tomorrow.

because of that delay, tomorrows flight will be 2 hours delayed getting out, and i miss the early flight home.

all because they think i need to be going to bed at 730pm.

who the F--- goes to bed before 9 or 930!

You point out the flaws in the old regs quite well. I'm glad to see the new regs account for a pilot's WOCL and adjust duty times to a pilots acclimated circadian rhythm.

Nice avoidance of the question.

WHOSE BODY CLOCK? I'm a west coast guy. If I get paired with an east coast guy, WHOSE clock do we use? We usually aren't in Geneva, or Singapore, or wherever to get acclimated to local time. It's a CHARLIE FOXTROT regulation and I can only hope that the goat rope implimentation we're seeing in 121 will keep the Fed at bay when it comes to 91K/135 ops.

This is not true with an augmented crew. Very few international ops without augmented crews.

In fact, DL added a 3rd pilot to the JFK-DUB-JFK 3 day, even though it is shorter than 8 hours each way. The reasoning? They depart Dublin fairly early, maybe 9am (?), and since that is very early JFK time, they had to add an extra pilot for fatigue reasons. So, now an extra pilot gets to enjoy Dublin....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Oh, and we never have any OAL guys on us...ok, got it...So then next time a offline pilot needs a ride to or from work, I'll just say "Well piss tube says we don't take anyone on us so I guess not"....We'll get right on that.....
Oh and may want to do a little more research on the delay program...Some bimbo who got stuck on a flight - not ours by the way - spearheaded the effort to get the FAA to do something about delays....

Last edited:

Hey Throttle back Relieftube....

I have used jetblue many times to get to work. The crews have been great (but the process to get a jumpseat sucks) and they always go out of their way to help out.

Pointing out a jumpseat issue like above makes you look like a massive tool who lives in base.

Oh, and we never have any OAL guys on us...ok, got it...So then next time a offline pilot needs a ride to or from work, I'll just say "Well piss tube says we don't take anyone on us so I guess not"....We'll get right on that.....
Oh and may want to do a little more research on the delay program...Some bimbo who got stuck on a flight - not ours by the way - spearheaded the effort to get the FAA to do something about delays....

No never.

I think every flight I have done from Bos to Iad or Ewr has had a United guy on it. When we did Iad Fll it was packed with United people.
I love these types of posts such a bunch of BS.

Nice avoidance of the question.

WHOSE BODY CLOCK? I'm a west coast guy. If I get paired with an east coast guy, WHOSE clock do we use? We usually aren't in Geneva, or Singapore, or wherever to get acclimated to local time. It's a CHARLIE FOXTROT regulation and I can only hope that the goat rope implimentation we're seeing in 121 will keep the Fed at bay when it comes to 91K/135 ops.
Each pilots'max FDP is determined by his home base time or acclimated time. Home base means the location designated by a certificate holder where a flightcrew member normally begins and ends his or her duty periods, for you as a west coast guy it would be different than your fellow east coast Crewmember. Each crew member's duty day is limited by his start time based on his home base time or acclimated time. The new regs take that into consideration the old did not. Once again you point out the significant improvement that FAR 117 represents.

Latest resources

Back