• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue, I'm ready for a union

B-atch said:
The effects from the BLUE coolaid are wearing off!!!

It sounds like it is. It is funny to watch the "senior" guy try to reign in the "junior" guy.

Is the honeymoon over?

Is it time for me to sell my JB stock?

I am not sure any "reigning" is being done. Just skimmed over this topic, although it appears from one J/S post, that he himself said he got a bit carried away. These things happens, have done it myself a time or three.

As far as the honeymoon and your stock, you should sell if you cannot sleep at night.

jaxgus said:
and then I'd remind him B6 has an iron clad no furlough clause in our contracts. I bet he stays!!
Someone should remind you that you dont have a contract. That is what Jumpseat knows and feels the need to remedy.

klhoard said:
You guys crack me up. . . . it sure must be a heavy stack of paper with all of that "iron" in it!!
Yep,

As Chinola man say.... "Ship with too much "iron clad scope/no furlough" sink to bottom"

roughneck said:
Not to rub salt in anyones wounds, but I pay $0 (zero) for health, basic life, dental, and AD&D for myself and my entire family (including kids).

SWAPA is pretty good for us, you might think about an in-house union. It can't hurt.

BTW, SWA posted its 54 consecutive profit this past quarter. 199M. (Costs must stay low, but there are other ways of doing it than taking it out of employees pay checks)
Go in house... stay away from Teamsters.. AFL-CIO unions have an agrment not to take labor from one another...

For example, the Netjets guys. If they want to go ALPA they have to go in house first then ALPA.

I'm not saying ALPA is right for B6, just saying stay away from teamsters.... Go in house, then you'll have the option for ALPA if you feel you need big guns...

BTW there is no career airline that isn't organized...

Why do we need a union? We already have divisive crybaby complainers who can never be happy no matter what their circumstances are. Isn't that what a union is all about?

cuts in benefits= increased earnings and stock value

since yields on ticket sales are flat or are coming down, where else can mGT seek to prop up the stock price for the beneift of shareholders. i guess the only problem is most or all of you are shareholders

Rez O. Lewshun said:
. . I'm not saying ALPA is right for B6, just saying stay away from teamsters.... Go in house, then you'll have the option for ALPA if you feel you need big guns...

BTW there is no career airline that isn't organized...
Gosh, that's funny. Go ask the USAir guys, ALPA since the early '60's, how big those guns are now that they currently enjoy 1970's wages.. ALPA ain't what it used to be, trust me on that. Been there, got the T-shirt.

Red
(enjoying an unorganized "career")

Latest resources

Back