Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still 250-300 FO's with 7-8 year on property waiting to upgrade until
they hold a for sure line.

The reason this is true now is why it will be true for a long time. As long as there are people who value QOL over the $$$, and JB keeps taking deliveries upgrade times will stay low. Pretty sure I would be able to hold Capt in this bid. However I will be going to the right seat of the bus instead. So I will be on property about 6 years minimum before I will upgrade.

Junior pilot to hold A320 Captain on last bid was #1947 on the list. I believe that person had about 3.5 years on property.
Just say'n

Junior pilot to hold A320 Captain on last bid was #1947 on the list. I believe that person had about 3.5 years on property.
Just say'n

Every single one of them could have upgraded already on the A320 if they wanted to. They are in the right seat by choice.
I know you said "waiting for a line"
user_offline.gif

Yes, but if everyone who could've taken, took it then it would not be that low. I am 7 years plus and wouldn't be able to hold 320 if everyone ahead of me had taken it.

Last edited:
Yes, but if everyone who could've taken, took it then it would not be that low. I am 7 years plus and wouldn't be able to hold 320 if everyone ahead of me had taken it.

You had a choice and every single JB pilot senior to #1947 on our list could be in training or already be in the left seat of the 320. We all make decisions for one reason or another which is great but the opportunity was there. Now, the next bid may go a bit more senior but who knows? If you wanted to be a Captain at JB right now, you would be one; there is no but.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Amazes me how far JetBlue has gone....They had not flown their first flt when I started at Alaska in 2000. We now have 200 more active pilots than when I started...Something like 1460 now

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back