• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue hiring.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone know if the guys getting called now have a blue dart or just a regular internal rec?

Been on property for 5months now. Its a mixture of people being picked up. I had blue dart and waited a few month for the call. Lately b6 has been picking up a few winners from 9e. Blows my mind of the names i have been seeing lately. Best of luck.

Been on property for 5months now. Its a mixture of people being picked up. I had blue dart and waited a few month for the call. Lately b6 has been picking up a few winners from 9e. Blows my mind of the names i have been seeing lately. Best of luck.

You know you can say something at the chief's office re guys you don't think shouldn't be here. Do us all a favor if it's really blowing your mind.

As listed above on the prior page...
"Hiring Update...
 Application window was open for 10 days and there were close to 4000 applicants
 We are likely to select 300 pilots out of this window for interviews, including Bluedarts
 3700 met our minimums and over 2000 are exceptionally competitive
 Average experience is higher than in past application windows
 Competitive is over 5000 hours civilian or over 2000 hrs military fighter or 3500 military
transport/trainer
 More than half of applicants have JetBlue referrals, and 85% have bachelor's degree. To
be competitive, referrals and a bachelor's degree are almost a must."

Yes, this might be true; but, they are ALSO APPLYING TO DL/AA/UA.
And they need to hire 1000-1500 pr. year for the next 3-4 years. They can be a senior FO or a junior CA in 10-15 at any of the 3 large ones, or a maybe at the middle of the FO list at best ar JB.

Yes, off course there are people who hold CA after 2-3 years, but the bottom CA seniority # at DL is in the 9000!!!!!!

Just make sure you educate yourself on your choice IF you get then...

The following reposted from a JB pilot forum.
Some DL info deleted.

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:47 am Post subject: Delta Interview/ Hiring Update
Had my interview at Delta last week- went VERY well.

If you are interested in Delta, I would urge you to update your resume every few days and get all your Letters of Recommendation in order. Logbooks seem to be a big deal, so get those looking nice and neat too. The selection team seemed to be targeting JB pilots, and I saw multiple JetBlue pilots interviewing and met quite a few that were Phase 2 at JB as well.

Interesting to note.... I spoke with 2 JB Phase 2 applicants that are disgusted with JB. Very excited to interview initially, but completely turned off with how they've been treated since. No word from the company in over 4 months, no one returning emails or phone calls. One gentleman said over 50% of the pilots in his interview class that received a job offer had already taken other jobs (Airways, United, FedEx, Delta, corporate, etc) and decided not to tell JB. Equal treatment and all, is how he explained it to me.

Last edited:
The most recent bid has 172 open FO slots all over the system and 53 open Captain slots. There will be a lot of movement between seats, bases etc. 150-200 ish pilots is a broad idea of how many they need to hire over the next 6 months. Guys are guessing upgrade going around the 3-3.5 year mark. I am guessing closer to 3.5 but we will see in a few days. Good luck to all. Looks like JB will get close to cracking the 3000 pilot mark by very early 2015.

Still 250-300 FO's with 7-8 year on property waiting to upgrade until
they hold a for sure line.

Still 250-300 FO's with 7-8 year on property waiting to upgrade until
they hold a for sure line.

Every single one of them could have upgraded already on the A320 if they wanted to. They are in the right seat by choice.
I know you said "waiting for a line"

Latest resources

Back