• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No direct withdrawl for ALPA dues?
No sweat.
No more SE taxi.
No more, "directs".
No more, " a pax left his phone in the boarding area".
No more... Etc.
Fill in the blanks.
Dump on me and expect "above and beyond?".

"What are we willing to negotiate for better healthcare"?

Fr8dog nailed it

No direct withdrawl for ALPA dues?
No sweat.
No more SE taxi.
No more, "directs".
No more, " a pax left his phone in the boarding area".
No more... Etc.
Fill in the blanks.
Dump on me and expect "above and beyond?".

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

X1000

"No more, " a pax left his phone in the boarding area".

How does not doing a nice gesture for a customer help our cause?
There is pressure and then there is foolishness. I do what I do because I wish to, not for a company. I try and treat people like I would like to be treated if roles were reversed.

Last edited:
It's sucks to stoop to this level but at this time unfortunately it is warranted.

The company tracks Customer NPS and as long as it remains industry leading they can turn up the heat (stall) longer becuase the pilot group is engaged.

This company manages the numbers and the numbers need to be affected before they act. They are reactive not active managers and use your/our personal commitment to-do-the-right-thing against you/us.

Now is the time to do just your job.

Last edited:
Well, I guess in this instance I'm not a team player.
Our true concern and struggles are with a management team that would like to operate in a vacuum and seems to disregard the realities of the changing industry around us.

This is why ELT has the advantage.

ELT would fire the unaligned.

NOT SUGGESTING YOU SHOULD BE FIRED. Instead I'm pointing our the schematic advantage that Management has over labor.

They are organized around the dollars, bonuses, promotion and power. Pilots are aligned around their OWN personal values and work ethic.

We will lose every single time.

Not comparing at all, just perspective. Her company nearly triples our revenue, and profit margins. Last time I checked, healthcare was a privilege, not a right. JB does not have DAL's or SWA revenue or profit margin. Can't have champagne ideas on a beer budget. What are you willing to negotiate for better health care? Let the CNC know when the MEC forms and starts the JNC process.

Look, in most of the civilized world, healthcare is a basic human right, and it is provided for through national coverage. I'm going to keep my comments short, because posts like yours above do so much damage to your fellow pilots' well being that it makes me see red.

You are happy with our evil sh#t sucking health care because between your wife and you, you probably have healthy income and can afford to pay through your nose should you or any of your family develop a pesky fever that wont go away.

Try caring for a kid with autism, and then tell me how happy you are with the evil stinking sh#t our company calls "health care".

Oh, and FWIW, from all I have heard, Delta specifically does cover autism care. Our company of "values" bends over backwards to make sure not so much as a penny goes towards "caring" (one of our core values!) for special needs children.

Evil.

Oh, and FWIW, from all I have heard, Delta specifically does cover autism care. Our company of "values" bends over backwards to make sure not so much as a penny goes towards "caring" (one of our core values!) for special needs children.

Evil.
We have to have the correct margins to take care of kids.

This is why ELT has the advantage.

ELT would fire the unaligned.

NOT SUGGESTING YOU SHOULD BE FIRED. Instead I'm pointing our the schematic advantage that Management has over labor.

They are organized around the dollars, bonuses, promotion and power. Pilots are aligned around their OWN personal values and work ethic.

We will lose every single time.

Doing anything for the win cheapens the victory. I don't fear any company or their wrath if I step out of their so called line. We barely started the process of improving things around here, be patient. There is time for correction if a snag comes about.

Latest resources

Back