Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Iced_up

Platinum member
Looking for some insight to the process at JB. The interview packet says something about 8-12 weeks to get through the final selection from the Pilot Hiring Committee. Is this truely the case? How soon after the interview do they inform you of yeah or nay?

Thanks

Looking for some insight to the process at JB. The interview packet says something about 8-12 weeks to get through the final selection from the Pilot Hiring Committee. Is this truely the case? How soon after the interview do they inform you of yeah or nay?

Thanks

Things are moving much quicker than they used to. You may be offered a class "contingent" on a successful background check. There are bus classes every two weeks and I believe a 190 class each month. The twelve week wait now I think is a thing of the past. If you have no immediate issues you should hear something fairly quickly if you made it through phase I. You should hear in about a week if you made it to phase II, Good luck

Last edited:
What is the process like when they let you go after five years? Will they give you a Rollex on your way out?

What is the process like when they let you go after five years? Will they give you a Rollex on your way out?

That's why there is a bus class every two weeks, it's to replace all the guys that are getting their papers on their five year anniversary....:eek:

Things are moving much quicker than they used to. You may be offered a class "contingent" on a successful background check. There are bus classes every two weeks and I believe a 190 class each month. The twelve week wait now I think is a thing of the past. If you have no immediate issues you should hear something fairly quickly if you made it through phase I. You should hear in about a week if you made it to phase II, Good luck

Why are things moving much quicker?

Why are things moving much quicker?

The six month upgrade to the 320 is now atleast 4+ years.
About 35 pilots have left JB this year, around 1700 on the senority list, Mostly due to final decision recalls and new hires to SW, Fed Ex, UPS and CO to name a few.
The resignations are all throughout the senority list, Capt's and F/O's on both equipment.

Rumor has it that 1000 hours could not be scheduled in the May bids due to shortage of crews.

So it takes 2.5 months to train new pilots.....

Much more than 35 have left this year. It is true 1000 hrs was trimmed from May schedule due to lack of crews.

Only one "L" in Rolex, smart guy. Unless you meant the windows, and that is Rolox.

If your gonna bust chops, at least don't leave yourself open for the same.

Much more than 35 have left this year. It is true 1000 hrs was trimmed from May schedule due to lack of crews.

26 have left over the last quarter according to CrewTrac. It lags a couple of weeks though. But unless "much more than 35" are left on the scheduling books just for grins, that's a pretty accurate count.

Latest resources

Back