• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Hiring Process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The day after your 5th year anniversary when they call you in and let you go is about the same you feel on a daily basis with your current commuter job sorry you didnt make the cut
I am actually pretty happy at my commuter job for the moment, building time to fly the G-IV, only need 350 hours before they send me to FS for the type, cant wait. But I was not trying to bust the pilots chops, more the management style of this bottom feeder "mainline" carrier.

Jetblue pretty much shut down hiring for about 8 months last year. Now things are back to the 2005 pace, and they need more pilots as they take on jets. The "gotcha" that is putting extra pressure are the 100 or so pilots that have left going other places or accepting recalls at previous carriers.

I think the slowing upgrades and a few headaches have caused some folks to re-evaluate whether staying there long term is their best option. I've said it before--I LOVE this kind of turnover. ANY problems filling guys in training means pilots are collectively "raising the bar". We've got 2 tools to help us get ahead--unions and macro economics. Its been a very tough road for unions the last 5 years with chapter 11s, etc, but the macro factors are finally starting to have an impact. People are simply stepping away from a profession that requires such a big investment with such little payoff. In order to attract, retain, and utilize folks wages are simply going to have to go up some.

FWIW...I think Compass is going to be hard pressed to find and keep any FOs at the rates they propose offering. We'll see what happens...

Does anybody at JetBlue know if E190 sim checkairmen Ahmad Z. (former ACA pilot) is still there. Or did he go to Emirates or Cathay? Trying to get some recs.

Thanks,

FCN

Why are things moving much quicker?

Really?

You don't know why?

Oh...
Your sarcasm and negativity is seeping through again!

Guess you just can't help yourself from bashing a decent (but of course not perfect) company.
You know there is professional help for people like you!:)

Did you see how much Tilton got after UAL emerged from bankruptcy?
How much of the company the Delta "mangement" gave themselves?
How much the bonuses the American Airlines leadership got?
How much Doogie Parker got on his stock options?

Now those are things to be angry about.

What is the process like when they let you go after five years? Will they give you a Rollex on your way out?

A Rollex?

If that's how the name of your watch is spelled that you bought down in Manhatten... and you paid more than $5 bucks, you got took my friend!

And as far as Neeleman's management "style"...
See my previous post.

The guy is not perfect, but he tries to do the "right" thing.
He hasn't lived up to all of his promises, but I'd say he's pretty successful for someone who didn't finish college and is still married to his original wife.

And ask even Bavarian, he didn't force anyone to work for him.

Last edited:
How does JetBlue typically notify you of an interview?

Email/phone call/letter???

I updated my app on their website tonight, hadn't done so in a while.

Hope it helps.....

FCN

Latest resources

Back