• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue hires Freedom types!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If management takes care of it's employees, then unions are not really needed, right? I know it's rare, but that's my impression. Correct me if I am wrong.

I think it is funny how mad MESA pilots get at Freedom pilots for apparently taking their jobs when the Mesa pilots are basically doing the same thing to the rest of the industry.

interesting list...

I had never actually "seen" such a complete scab list. I did used to carry around a Freedom list that I picked up in the USEX crewroom in PHL, but it was very short (only 20-30 names), and considering it was out in plain view for all to take, I don't know how official it was (since it was just pinned to the board and not in a locked ALPA board).

I noticed that a few folks on the list were ATC scabs in the remarks area, but there was no dedicated section of the list for them. Aviation is a small world, and I figure that there are some of them floating around in the airlines (my company had one, but he's now working for a contract tower in the northeast). Their actions might not have been a direct attack on our profession, it was an attack on organized labor.

ACT what is a bunch? I could only find one, far fewer than any other major. But thanks for the unsubstantiated rumor mongering, it works well for you.

Skank,
I think WN screening out scabs in the interview process is a good practice. WN runs a fun, and profitable airline. They have a very specific recipe for success that no other current 121 operator can compete with. That being said, when they interview people for positions with their airline they do not want to see people come in and stir the coals of any ill feelings in the cockpit, on the ramp, or in the board room.

As far as being a legal practice...who cares. UA, NW,US and others all are proud to have hiring practices that eliminates qualified applicants just to hire less or unqualified applicants. Is that legal? Sure it is. They can hire anyone they want.

Skank said:
Mr. Thread starter: Nice try. Now, does anyone have anything real we can discuss?

Yes. I heard you Jet Blue pilots have to help clean the airplane (including the lav) between turns. Is this true?

I am not trying to start sh*t here, I promise. I really heard that and just want to see if it's true. Thanks.

As far as the SCAB talk. Here is the definition straight from Websters:

Main Entry: 1scab
Pronunciation: 'skab
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Swedish skabbr scab; akin to Old English sceabb scab, Latin scabere to scratch -- more at SHAVE
1 : scabies of domestic animals
2 : a crust of hardened blood and serum over a wound
3 a : a contemptible person b (1) : a worker who refuses to join a labor union (2) : a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended (3) : a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike (4) : one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms
4 : any of various bacterial or fungus diseases of plants characterized by crustaceous spots; also : one of the spots

AviatorTx said:
Yes. I heard you Jet Blue pilots have to help clean the airplane (including the lav) between turns. Is this true?

I am not trying to start sh*t here, I promise. I really heard that and just want to see if it's true. Thanks.

As far as the SCAB talk. Here is the definition straight from Websters:

Main Entry: 1scab
Pronunciation: 'skab
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Swedish skabbr scab; akin to Old English sceabb scab, Latin scabere to scratch -- more at SHAVE
1 : scabies of domestic animals
2 : a crust of hardened blood and serum over a wound
3 a : a contemptible person b (1) : a worker who refuses to join a labor union (2) : a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended (3) : a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike (4) : one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms
4 : any of various bacterial or fungus diseases of plants characterized by crustaceous spots; also : one of the spots

Highly doubt it - but don't know.

Absolutely true. I lick the toilet clean myself. Sorry, for the sarcasm. Actually, most of us do help in the back. Nobody from the flight or inflight crew touches the lav. If you think that this is an odd practice, then say so at your interview. We'd like to know. BTW, noone is required to help. If you worked here you'd know why we want to help. If you can't believe or understand the practice, then I don't think there is anything I can say here that will change your feelings. If doing a little cleaning belittles you, you aren't all that big to begin with.

Skank,

Thanks. Like I said, I was not trying to be a smart@$$ (this time), I had just heard that and wanted to know.

Thanks for being honest. "To each his own" holds true here. I meant no disrespect in the question.

Latest resources

Back