• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue EMB rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA is a dying institution.....they have no defense for what is/has happened to their membership.

They congratulate the IDE pilots for their effort to stave off the devil incarnate Ornstein, yet JO has hired thousands of new pilots while IDE has furloughed them all. Some victory.

Woerth was so helpful and professional when he was trying to get the pot of gold that is the FedEx and CAL dues paying members. He suceeded in getting into your wallets. What he did was keep ALPA and its huge rent/cost structure solvent post 9/11 after his dues rolls got nuked. His pay has INCREASED. Has yours?

A350

anotherwannabe said:
I don't know much about unions but from everything I read, I think they can hurt as much as help.

You're assuming that pay rates are the only union benefit. Firming up scheduling rules (how's THAT going at JBLU?), instituting a formal grievance process (again, how's THAT going?) offering legal and medical help, I could go on, but there are a lot of benefits to pooling resouces for events that only some with go through, but any COULD go through.

Alpa Pay

radarlove said:
You're assuming that pay rates are the only union benefit. Firming up scheduling rules (how's THAT going at JBLU?), instituting a formal grievance process (again, how's THAT going?) offering legal and medical help, I could go on, but there are a lot of benefits to pooling resouces for events that only some with go through, but any COULD go through.

Can someone please post the salary schedule for ALPA officers? The director or whatever they are called makes well over $500,000 with junior officers making $300k+ Hell even the damn secretary of the secretary makes $200,000 a year..

A scam in my opinion any way you look at it..

whats wrong with each airline representing themselves. Honestly how can ALPA be effective trying to represent the bigs and the regionals. Some of you may argue that the MEC are seperate but come one something obviously isnt working. They need seperate unions with only very loose affiliations for national lobbying powers. If im not mistaken UPS SWAPA and Air Trans union have something similar to this already set up? What do you guys think?

RiddleEagle18 said:
What do you guys think?

Hey look, a Riddle puke...... and he thinks he knows something about union's already, boy they're smart down there.....

Last edited:
yea cause riddle students are stupid... just suggesting some things. why do people seem to think because someone is younger they don't know anything about a certain subject? Maybe I have parents, uncles that never shut up about this stuff. Maybe iv'e been exposed to it my whole life so iv'e probably dealt with it longer than you. Maybe I watch the industry very closely and know the history? This whole board is just people putting down others without even thinking about opions. We can't even have good debates anymore.

Well son with a whole 3 posts, having registered yourself within the last week, how many "good debates" on flightinfo have you been a part of lately ??

You can't honestly come on here, with 300 hours and a CFI and expect to be taken seriously. At least not by me. I suppose I could have just let it go but I thought it was just a little brash on your part. In fact I was somewhat offended by the fact that someone like yourself would have the nuts to say that ALPA obviously isn't working.

I can say for a fact that ALPA is working very well at my airline. Is it perfect, no, nothing ever is. But we've come a long way with ALPA in the last several years and I take offense to your ignorant statement.

BTW, have you ever walked a picket line, out in the cold, all the while trying to support a family that depends on your income ?? I still have boxes of picket signs in my basement from the last time I did.

Come back and tell the rest of us how it is when you actually know what you are talking about.

Last edited:
im not saying that alpa needs to disappear im just saying maybe they are representing to many groups with conflicting issues? It was already mentioned in this thread that how can you represent majors with scopes and regionals who want to expand flying. What im proposing is independent representation which might be a whole lot better.

I'll make a prediction....ALPA will not be Jetblue's union. If anything, they'll end up with an in house union. I won't go as far as to say that it'll never happen, Maybe someday but not today.

Why is it that the only airline to do it right with respect to EMB's flying on the same list as the A320 is a non-union airline. Chain of events? ALPA dropped the ball and started this downward spiral when they allowed 145's and CL-65's to be flown at the regionals. Dumb move. Read that artical about "Pay to Play" in this months ALPA magazine.....Too little too late. ALPA will continue to fail until it gets itself AHEAD of managements tactic of pitting different pilot groups against eachother....right now they are about 5 years behind the times and have no effective planning on how to deal with the future. ALPA is what you make of it on the local level. My MEC is very good and I will follow them anywhere. National is a mess, they don't know what to do and they got their heads in the sand. ALPA came about because air-mail pilots were dying (safety) and because they were undercutting themselves, in fierce competition with eachother and generally degrading the profession in the process. Looks to me like we've come full circle.

MJG said:
Well son with a whole 3 posts, having registered yourself within the last week, how many "good debates" on flightinfo have you been a part of lately ??

You can't honestly come on here, with 300 hours and a CFI and expect to be taken seriously. At least not by me. I suppose I could have just let it go but I thought it was just a little brash on your part. In fact I was somewhat offended by the fact that someone like yourself would have the nuts to say that ALPA obviously isn't working.

I can say for a fact that ALPA is working very well at my airline. Is it perfect, no, nothing ever is. But we've come a long way with ALPA in the last several years and I take offense to your ignorant statement.

BTW, have you ever walked a picket line, out in the cold, all the while trying to support a family that depends on your income ?? I still have boxes of picket signs in my basement from the last time I did.

Come back and tell the rest of us how it is when you actually know what you are talking about.

I think he gets it just fine. Representing majors and their respective regional subsidiaries is a conflict of interest.

Latest resources

Back