Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
??

ATA73Pilot said:
No new-hire will go to straight to the left seat of the Emb-190...
Why would you say that? I think that's exactly what is gonna happen. I think that's why these rates came in low. In early next year there will probably be a one shot bid run for the guys currently on the Bus; left seat of the EMB take it or leave it right now, or it's closed off for say...2 years (to keep training costs down). Now all new hires go to the left seat of the EMB or spend very short time in the right seat before upgrade or going on the the 320 right seat????? 72K first year is not bad!

...........hhmmmmm........

Needleman knows exactly what he's doing. Does anyone think that the execs at JB didn't think those rates through?

His pilots on the property right now may mumble a little in private, but they WON'T and CAN'T DO SQUAT. They're pretty much insulated from the 190 rates with the promises of an expanding airline. They're getting "theirs" and they're not going to take chances for future new hires. Needleman will continue with the lessons from the CEO special school of overt cheerleading while sending subliminal threats about unionization and any shows of anything but enthusiam from employees.

I'll bet he'll split the pilot list as well in the future to keep down training costs. Of course, JB mainline won't have any say about it, nor will they care. And you know what? Dave will still have guys FLOCKING to JB to fly his 100 seat airplane at ANY rate he wants to set.

Last edited:
He has his own B-scale.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Draginass said:
Needleman knows exactly what he's doing. Does anyone think that the execs at JB didn't think those rates through?

His pilots on the property right now may mumble a little in private, but they WON'T and CAN'T DO SQUAT. They're pretty much insulated from the 190 rates with the promises of an expanding airline. They're getting "theirs" and they're not going to take chances for future new hires. Needleman will continue with the lessons from the CEO special school of overt cheerleading while sending subliminal threats about unionization and any shows of anything but enthusiam from employees.

I'll bet he'll split the pilot list as well in the future to keep down training costs. Of course, JB mainline won't have any say about it, nor will they care. And you know what? Dave will still have guys FLOCKING to JB to fly his 100 seat airplane at ANY rate he wants to set.
Yup, and the guys/gals at WN will do the same thing when the 190 comes on their property......SWAPA and all. Now you know why male tigers eat their young.;)

Draginass said:
I'll second that. However I for one won't leave my seniority at my "regional" airline to go work for the same pay flying bigger equipment at a different airline.

Those of you out there that have your apps in a JB think long and hard about what you're getting into if and when they offer you a job.

The honeymoon at JetBlue is now officially over.

Draginass said:

You underestimate several things:

1) The integrity of David Neeleman.
2) The integrity of Dave Barger.
3) The interests of the pilots currently on the property.
4) The willingness of management to do the right thing.
5) How great the Blue Aid is here.:D

ou underestimate several things:

1) The integrity of David Neeleman.
2) The integrity of Dave Barger.
3) The interests of the pilots currently on the property.
4) The willingness of management to do the right thing.
5) How great the Blue Aid is here.:D

'Cause I got high, 'cause I got high, 'cause I got high.

SpeedBird said:
The following information comes from the latest BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics) average hourly wages report (June 2003):

1. Accountant: $23/hr (38 hours/week)

2. Aircraft Mechanic: $25/hr (40 hours/week)

3. Dentist: $36/hr (30 hours/week)

4. Mechanical Engineer: $30/hr (40 hours/week)

5. Fire Fighter: $18/hr (44 hours/week)

6. Lawyer: $44/hr (40 hours/week)

7. Pilot (Airplane): $104/hr (21 hours/week)

8. Physician: $45/hr (40 hours/week)

9. Senior Executive: $45/hr (42 hours/week)

10. Truck Driver: $14/hr (40 hours/week)

I post this information for purposes of comparison with other white & blue collar professions in the US. One can challenge the veracity of the numbers but the point I want to underscore here is the relationship our profession has with other disparate working groups in terms of average hourly pay and work hours. Despite how bad things may seem today you have to wonder how others outside our industry may view our plight.

Just another perspective to consider....
Agree with Moose and far be it from me to question the guberment, but some of those wages seem to be a bit perplexing (low). Senior Executives at $98K a year? That's not even junior executive pay where I come from. Maybe I'm living a charmed life and too oblivious to even know it!

Regarding the integrity of JB management, we're all at the "mercy" of upper management (and government) having integrity. Once that's gone all bets are off. If recent history is any indication, we're all hosed.

Last edited:
Just talked with the President of Flight Operations here. No new hire will be forced to take the 190. They will have the opportunity to choose their airframe at hiring, however, if they pick the 320 their training date (and seniority) could be significantly delayed. How about them apples??? Those initially choosing the 190 could upgrade rapidly since there will be a fence protecting them to move up to the left seat. The initial bunch of 190 guys/gals will get typed on the aircraft so as to facilitate their upgrade. Hard to believe huh? So not such a bad deal after all!!!

Latest resources

Back