• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Compensation Improvements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You don't need a union............ till you need a union. Do your guys have any recourse or fair representation in dicipline matters?

Gup

Your "Values Committee" IS A UNION, all the guys have to do is petition the NLRB to recognize it. You don't even have to have a card campaign.

Hey Citrusflyer,

Management decided after the mess to retroactively designate all flying from the 14th through the 18th of Feb. as holiday pay. So, if you flew or were scheduled to fly you were paid double. You can turn off the sarcasm now.

Hey Citrusflyer,

Management decided after the mess to retroactively designate all flying from the 14th through the 18th of Feb. as holiday pay. So, if you flew or were scheduled to fly you were paid double. You can turn off the sarcasm now.

Impressive.

Hey Citrusflyer,

First, good for you guys on the double pay.

Second, Sarcasm off....really....just pm me and let me know how high you want me to jump....I'll do it....really I will!

You don't need a union............ till you need a union. Do your guys have any recourse or fair representation in dicipline matters?

Gup

In discipline matters we have the right to have a "Values Committee" member participate. As far as having contractual, union "protection" ... we don't have any. My personal experience has been if there is a reasonable explanation, there is a reasonable conclusion. Sometimes it seems like the guys that are doing all the screwups are the loudest advocates for a union.
One ex-USAirways guy comes to mind.
I wonder why he wants a union?

Your "Values Committee" IS A UNION, all the guys have to do is petition the NLRB to recognize it. You don't even have to have a card campaign.

Good point.

We can have a "defacto" union if certain triggering events happen.
That's why the "Values" committee can NOT have a negotiating aspect to it but a COMMUNICATION aspect only.

But you make a good point.

don't do ALPA. go in house...if it comes to that.

Latest resources

Back