• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue comes to Newark

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No not me I pulled my resume from JB long ago. But thanks anyway. Id love to be management at JB, and see how low I could really get the pay scale, and still keep pilots.

dime line said:
No not me I pulled my resume from JB long ago. But thanks anyway. Id love to be management at JB, and see how low I could really get the pay scale, and still keep pilots.

I must say I am amazed at all these posts from "professional Pilots"....talk to your scheduling committee members as I think y'all have way to much time on your hands!
Cheap entertainment though!!

I must say that I am amazed at all the people that supposedly have "pulled" their resumes from B6, being we have such poor working conditions and all. In the meantime, keep up your bashing of the airline. When was your interview anyway...was it before you pulled your resume? LOL. You tools are so easy to read. Dime light...where do you work? Buy you a beer if you answer that.

If JetBlue bashing will get people to pull their resumes, then I'd like to badmouth Blue until they hire me.:p

As far as the American public goes, they only care about low prices and good service. My neighbors asked me what I fly. I told them a 757. Then I was asked if it had props. Passengers generally don't have a clue or care who makes their planes as long as they get cheap tickets and now most people go online to search for the lowest fares and don't pay attention to which carrier they get, let alone the aircraft they'll be riding on. Maybe in an idealistic world, "buy American" would mean something, but we live in reality.

AAflyer said:
Take a look at B6 E-190 payrates and you can see where they get low CASMs.

That's a strange statement, as we have no 190s on the property yet. The EWR routes will be flown with the 320, for now.

Pilot pay rates have little affect on the CASM. Overall aircraft operating cost, A/C utilization and marketing make the big difference.

DW

scarlet said:
HEY lets start an airline and pay everyone half of what everyone else is making and let the employees feel good about doing the same job for 1/2 the money...

And the funny thing is those employees are acting like they have it the best,,,,cleaning up sh*t in the toilet, cleaning gum off the floor and then serving the public drinks....THAT is ok I will bring my own. and the attendants have a 5 year contract and then you are gone...NOT a CAREER just a job...really good for the american people...

and Brag about AIRBUS----Euro says thanks Jetblue

Americans are out of jobs and Boeing keeps cutting people...ummh but you want americans to fly on you....uummhhh I think the American people one day I hope gets tired of this, and says no more!!!!!!!!

And the EWR thing- I worked at Continental for 9 years--there are a sh*t load of delays on clear days...B6 thought ATL delays were bad--just wait ..those 2 runways....and all that traffic....GOOD LUCK...NOT

Scarlet,

Since you seem to be an expert on Dung with your repeated use of the word in your post, you'll be sad to find out that we don't clean the lavs. We do have cleaners for that. On Redeyes, we have a cleaning crew as well. Everyone pitches in to get the plane turned around. The pilots are not required to do it, but we do. Quick turns are very important in this industry, and quickly drive down costs.

As far as the pay goes, I'm in my first year at JB and will make about $65,000 + some profit sharing as a 320 F/O. I will probably jump to the E190 Capt in Year 3, Making about $78,000 (Ok, that's a little low). 2 Years later after the freeze is up, I will probably jump back to the Bus as a 5 year Capt, making about $150,000.

Sure the wages are not what they were, at one time, but I can't see where the pay scale at JB is that bad. It's not industry leading, but it's fair They are paying what the public will support.

I personally am happier making a little less, at a better company. My former life was at USAIRWAYS. There I flew many A321 lines making $140 per hour as an FO. Also was an ALPA member. Neither the $140/hr or the union helped me keep my job.

I really feel that people like to bash JB, because they are afraid we are another SWA, building. The jury is still out on that one. We have 77 aircraft, and they have over 400, so we've got a long way to go.

As far as not using an airport (EWR) because it's busy there is faulty thinking. It's busy there because there are a lot of people, and a lot of revenue.

The NE corridor can be a nightmare, but if you just build the nightmarish issues into your model, and do a little planning you can do OK. You just have to expect long lines, etc. Have you ever went to the mall 1 month prior to Christmas, and noticed all the temporary stores that open up just for the holiday season? Sure there are crowds and long lines, but also tons of revenue opportunities.

I doubt that JB will steal any customers from CO at EWR. We'll probably just create our own market. Many of our current customers drive right past EWR on the way to JFK.

Just my thoughts. Comments??

DW

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back