• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B6Driver said:
Where does Boeing get their parts from?

All US mfg.'s?
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/7e7/dev_team.html

Airbus buys many parts from US

And your point is? That Airbus buys more parts in the US? It's a global economy sure Boeing outsources from all over the globe. But the bottom line goes directly to the NYSE ticker symbol BA which directly effects the US economy. Buying airbus doesn't quite hold the same argument does it? The US government doesn't think so, otherwise they would not be taking up the argument with the WTO.

So now we are comparing 787 to the A320? I would be willing to bet that the 737 has quite a few more parts that are fabricated in the US.

Last edited:
G4G5 said:
If your argument is that the aircraft is built in Canada you are treading on some thin ice. Firstoff what product made by an American company competes directly with CRJ?

So what was your point?

My point was this: I find it a little funny that someone is posting that we should all boycot B6 because they fly aircraft not made in the USA when said person flies an aircraft not made in the USA.

Any argument that starts with "Yeah...but at least...." is just semantics in my book. Are we all supposed to boycott AMR because you fly an A300? How about NWA, they also have Airbii. Let's only fly SWA because they have all american made products.

Let me begin your reply: "Yes... but at least...."

G4G5 said:
And your point is? That Airbus buys more parts in the US? It's a global economy sure Boeing outsources from all over the globe. But the bottom line goes directly to the NYSE ticker symbol BA which directly effects the US economy. Buying airbus doesn't quite hold the same argument does it? The US government doesn't think so, otherwise they would not be taking up the argument with the WTO.

So now we are comparing 787 to the A320? I would be willing to bet that the 737 has quite a few more parts that are fabricated in the US.

Hey Dude,

Where did that chip on your shoulder come from? Did you get turned down at jetBlue or just can't get an interview?

DIAMONDDD said:
My point was this: I find it a little funny that someone is posting that we should all boycot B6 because they fly aircraft not made in the USA when said person flies an aircraft not made in the USA.

Any argument that starts with "Yeah...but at least...." is just semantics in my book. Are we all supposed to boycott AMR because you fly an A300? How about NWA, they also have Airbii. Let's only fly SWA because they have all american made products.

Let me begin your reply: "Yes... but at least...."

AA has 700+ aircraft and 34 A300, which equates to less then 5%. B6 has 100% foreign aircraft. Somehow you find this to be the same?

Flying Freddie said:
Hey Dude,

Where did that chip on your shoulder come from? Did you get turned down at jetBlue or just can't get an interview?

I don't have any problem with B6 (turned them down years ago). My point is, I find it extremely hilarious how someone could even equate buying a Boeing with buying foreign. Or how buying a CRJ is the same as buying a French Airbus (no WTO froreign trade problems with the Canadians).

I understand B6's the need to purchase A320 but lets be real folks, it's not anywhere close to buying American, just give it up.

G4G5 said:
I understand B6's the need to purchase A320 but lets be real folks, it's not anywhere close to buying American, just give it up.

So the same goes for AWA, AMR, UAL, USAir and NWA?

G4G5 said:
AA has 700+ aircraft and 34 A300, which equates to less then 5%. B6 has 100% foreign aircraft. Somehow you find this to be the same?

Nope...not the same.
However, it is semantics. You tell me, at what percentage of US aircraft owned does your argument hold water? Somewhere between 95 and zero percent? Where in that percent range is OK? Is it 50? 58? Anything above zero? What about AMR's eagle, what is their percent of US made aircraft? See, semantics.

G4G5 said:
I understand B6's the need to purchase A320 but lets be real folks, it's not
anywhere close to buying American, just give it up.

I am not arguing if it is right or wrong to buy foreign aircraft, I was merely calling out someone that was vocal about buying American that flew a foreign made aircraft. That is my ONLY point.

You see, in my opinion, there are those with start with the attitude that JetBlue just sucks....then they try to reason why they suck and why we should all boycott them or root against them. These guys would have a big "O" if JetBlue went out of business. That would mean less competition with the company for which that person works. I understand that. That's OK.
I know you (G4G5) work for American, I did too.
But, if you were to say "hey, we all need to boycott Delta because their commuters are taking over their domestic flying" I would say "Isn't American Eagle also growing while American isn't?" I would be pointing out perceived B.S.

Last edited:
Why exactly does it matter where the jets come from? Is this a "buy American" thing. I personally do that with my cars, I'm thinking the airlines better take the deal with the most value.

Latest resources

Back