• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue comes to Newark

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is JetBlue going to treat all three New York area airports as one base like American (and I think) United do?

HEY lets start an airline and pay everyone half of what everyone else is making and let the employees feel good about doing the same job for 1/2 the money...

And the funny thing is those employees are acting like they have it the best,,,,cleaning up sh*t in the toilet, cleaning gum off the floor and then serving the public drinks....THAT is ok I will bring my own. and the attendants have a 5 year contract and then you are gone...NOT a CAREER just a job...really good for the american people...

and Brag about AIRBUS----Euro says thanks Jetblue

Americans are out of jobs and Boeing keeps cutting people...ummh but you want americans to fly on you....uummhhh I think the American people one day I hope gets tired of this, and says no more!!!!!!!!

And the EWR thing- I worked at Continental for 9 years--there are a sh*t load of delays on clear days...B6 thought ATL delays were bad--just wait ..those 2 runways....and all that traffic....GOOD LUCK...NOT

General Lee said:
It is an unfortunate accurate remark. As Kidrock says, Back it up! But, GEICO pays their salesmen the same, so you don't really care. Actually, I don't work for Geico, my money is commission based. You see, no tickee no laundree! There are other savings B6 has that the legacies do not, like younger aircraft, lower paid employees on average due to less longevity(like our average stew being a 30 year plus----making top payscale) yeah, so fire them...they aren't union....remember? , and picking up cheap gate space when able (B6 and Southwest took DL's old gates at BOS and SEA respectively) after the legacies build or move into newer facilities. I guess those new facilities at Orlando & JFK are free, huh? Hey, that's good business---I know. We at the legacies will have to change (lower pay unfortunately) to compete.

Bye Bye----General Lee
Silly remark. Will you go to work for RJET when they take over Song?;)

Scarlet, you are one ignorant dumb%&$....you'll fit in just fine on this message board, which has turned into nothing more than a cyber version of a stall in the men's room.

SpeedBird said:
....you'll fit in just fine on this message board, which has turned into nothing more than a cyber version of a stall in the men's room.

Here I sit all broken hearted
Tried to sh!t but only farted.:p

"Is JetBlue going to treat all three New York area airports as one base like American (and I think) United do?"

NO!
The flights will be flown by the other existing bases while flying through EWR.

If some other carrier started service at EWR, would the comments be as nasty? I think not. Just remember that now CAL pilots and F/A's have 16 more flights to commute back and forth to work from FLA.
Welcome aboard.........................

Scarlet...would you mind posting your salary for the crowd. And your working conditions. And your future in this industry. Thanks...I just want something to look forward to. Idiot.

B6 driver,

Thank you very much for the rides, I just talked to one of ours in FLL, and she was very happy to have another CASS cockpit.

However, corporate war, is war in these days of Chap.11 bombs... Lol!

COincidence?

Continental Airlines Plans More Flights and Reduces Fares on Routes From Newark Liberty to Florida
Tuesday July 12, 7:06 pm ET

NEW YORK, July 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL - News) today said that it will expand service to Florida from its Newark Liberty hub and it has reduced fares from Newark to eight Florida cities.

ADDITIONAL FLIGHTS Due to an expected increase in demand with its new low fares, Continentalsaid it will add eight daily round-trip flights on Newark-Florida routesbeginning Oct. 1: Additional daily Total daily flights flights Newark-Fort Lauderdale 3 9 Newark-Fort Myers 1 4 Newark-Orlando 2 10 Newark-Tampa 1 6 Newark-West Palm Beach 1 6

In total this fall, Continental will offer 35 daily round-trips from Newark to Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Orlando, Tampa and West Palm Beach. Flights are operated with various Boeing jets -- all with first class seating. In addition, Continental flies four other routes from Newark to Florida, providing service on a total of nine routes from Newark to Florida. Continental also provides three daily round trips in the fall and increases to four daily round trips on the Newark-San Juan route in the winter.

NEW FARES Continental has introduced the following fares on Florida routes: SALE FARE REGULAR FARES Newark-Daytona Beach $ 69 $ 89-259 Newark-Fort Lauderdale 69 89-259 Newark-Fort Myers 69 89-259 Newark-Miami 69 89-259 Newark-Orlando 69 89-259 Newark-Sarasota 69 89-259 Newark-Tampa 69 89-259 Newark-West Palm Beach 69 89-259

Sale fares are valid for travel Oct. 5 through Dec. 14, 2005, and must be purchased by July 26, 2005. Sale fares have blackout dates of Nov. 22- Nov. 28 and seats are limited.

Capacity controlled fares are available for travel effective Sept. 6, 2005, coinciding with the seasonal drop in demand after Labor Day. These fares range from $89 with a 7 day advance purchase to $209 with no advance purchase and have a $25 change fee.

The walkup fare of $259 is fully refundable and will allow OnePass Elite members to upgrade to first class at no additional charge according to established OnePass upgrade procedures.

All fares are valid for one way travel and no stay is required.

Domestic fares do not include Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9.00 each way, September 11th Security Fees of up to $5.00 each way and a Federal Segment Tax of $3.20 per segment.

Source: Continental Airlines

Latest resources

Back