JetBlue comes to Newark

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AAflyer said:
Take a look at B6 E-190 payrates and you can see where they get low CASMs.

Hey you legacy pilots:

You have to realize that although the payrates are low...B6 management learned from your management errors and made all B6 flying done by B6 pilots.

Having been a furloughed legacy bubba....making a cool 136/hr on a 737, I can really appreciate the fact that B6 is not outsourcing "expensive" flying to the regionals. B6 management are creating employee loyalty by realizing that job security in this airline business is worth something. Unfortunately, my last airline does not offer such a thing! I will trade the lower pay all day long, so long as the B6 flying is done by B6 pilots. A lesson that should have been LEARNED LONG AGO by my UNION!

P.S. Do you remember what the payrate was for the Airbus at JetBlue when they started out? How about AFTER 9-11? Could this be a coincidence, or again good management strategy? Hint: it illogically went up significantly! however, don't bet on the 190 rate going up....that would be "illogical!" LOL

wndshr said:
Hey you legacy pilots:

You have to realize that although the payrates are low...B6 management learned from your management errors and made all B6 flying done by B6 pilots.

Having been a furloughed legacy bubba....making a cool 136/hr on a 737, I can really appreciate the fact that B6 is not outsourcing "expensive" flying to the regionals. B6 management are creating employee loyalty by realizing that job security in this airline business is worth something. Unfortunately, my last airline does not offer such a thing! I will trade the lower pay all day long, so long as the B6 flying is done by B6 pilots. A lesson that should have been LEARNED LONG AGO by my UNION!

P.S. Do you remember what the payrate was for the Airbus at JetBlue when they started out? How about AFTER 9-11? Could this be a coincidence, or again good management strategy? Hint: it illogically went up significantly! however, don't bet on the 190 rate going up....that would be "illogical!" LOL

WNDSHR

Do you think the EMB rates will go up once the economics are calculated? Isn't that what happened with the 320 rates?

wndshr said:

That all sounds great except the 190 is NOT a regional aircraft and, as such, should NOT be outsourced.

Latest resources

Back