• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, you used sophomoric again. I'm really impressed.

Math is math ******************************bag, you can't argue numbers, especially with.....uh.....sophomoric conjecture. Everything you mentioned is nothing more than exactly what you are accusing me of, which is basically not mentioning any facts, only making guesses about what MIGHT happen.

It's simple, there are X number of pilots with PIC, Y number of slots. Right now Y > X. That will not always be the case.

Yes, nothing has changed. You are still an idiot. As much as I'd like to continue this verbal evisceration of someone so obviously inferior to me in every way, I have better things to do.

As I said at the beginning.

1) If a pilot is out of work come to JetBlue.
2) If you are a Pilot with no PIC time beware of this place.

I think you are crazy to come here without PIC TT.

After that CapNunderwearpants started calling names.

CapNwhatever has a chart some where that predicts that some time in the future you will not need TT PIC to move onto a career airline.

I would not place a Dollar on that old bet. It is a fools bet.

Good luck to everyone in this industry.

Last edited:
...You are still an idiot. As much as I'd like to continue this verbal evisceration of someone so obviously inferior to me in every way, I have better things to do.

Are you now off to the hospital to preform a superior verbal eye surgery?

Stick to cartoons junior.

Last edited:
Are you now off to the hospital to preform a superior verbal eye surgery?

Stick to cartoons junior.

And the display of your rampant stupidity continues.

Try looking a bit past that one definition, and perhaps you'll connect the metaphor.

Wait....what am I thinking? You obviously are at the educational level of maybe a 5 year old. You wouldn't understand that.

Me senior captain! Me think me know everything!! Me is smart!! Grunt grunt!

You amuse me.

I'm smarter, no I'm smarter... no I know more, no I know more, your stupid your stupider, well your old... well your junior well...

SHUT THE EEEEF UP you two!

You both sound like whiny little (female dogs). I can't imagine why you have differing views from two polar opposite sides of the spectrum?!?! can't imagine...

Do the thread a favor and take this to a PM session or go roshambo eash other.

I think the retirement numbers are a little high three numbers from now. There is no way that all the major carriers will hire 700 a year three years from now. Back in 1999 NWA was hiring 3-400 a year and their training system was maxed out. I do not think Delta or any other carrier can handle that much training. Next year we will be lucky to see American hire any and if they and US Airways merge, they will both not be hiring 700 a year. That being said, I think the hiring number at its peak will be 400 a year in 5 years time. The majors will not grow and if they cannot hire to cover retirements, they will shrink capacity only to raise ticket prices. I hope I am wrong

Exactly xjhawk. For a country of 300 million, we have too many airplanes as is. A cut in capacity and higher ticket prices can ease whatever issues the airlines have.

I think the retirement numbers are a little high three numbers from now. There is no way that all the major carriers will hire 700 a year three years from now. Back in 1999 NWA was hiring 3-400 a year and their training system was maxed out. I do not think Delta or any other carrier can handle that much training. Next year we will be lucky to see American hire any and if they and US Airways merge, they will both not be hiring 700 a year. That being said, I think the hiring number at its peak will be 400 a year in 5 years time. The majors will not grow and if they cannot hire to cover retirements, they will shrink capacity only to raise ticket prices. I hope I am wrong

You bring up an interesting point. When DAL and NWA were separate they both could probably max at 300-400 pilots per year as newhires(600-800 total newhires combined). But now that the carriers are combined, chances are they are limited to 300-400/yr. That could turn out to be a significant choke point in the 'pilot shortage.'

In the late 90s when Eagle was hiring like mad they couldnt bring enough people through the training department fast enough, and that was used as leverage to get the courts to allow taking Eagle owned aircraft and giving them to a 3rd party to operate (TSA). It was a looong time to get those airframes back, even after the hiring had stopped. I would hate to see something like that happen at DAL.

What intrigues me more is not how some of these airlines will train 700 new hire pilots a year, it's how they will deal with all the training cycles. A company like delta has about 5 or 6 different types. 700 pilots retiring a year could cause what 2500 training cycles or more?

Latest resources

Back