JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question about first year

I have an upcoming class date and my wife and I are having a child in February. Does anyone know JetBlue's policy on leave for a birth of a child? I am not expecting a ton of time off, but some idea would help with the planning. Thanks!

I have an upcoming class date and my wife and I are having a child in February. Does anyone know JetBlue's policy on leave for a birth of a child? I am not expecting a ton of time off, but some idea would help with the planning. Thanks!

FMLA doesn't kick in for 12 months but you can talk with the chief pilot to arrange parental leave.

You should be fine. The chiefs will make sure you have the time off you need. Depending on your class date you should have acquired some PTO (9 hours per month.
Had a similar issue when I was a new hire not a child birth but needed a week off for my wife graduating Medical school, right as I finished IOE. Crew planning gave me 2.5 weeks off after that so I could be home. If they Hadn't the Chiefs assured me that I would be home.

Parental leave policy kicks in after 90 days on property. Up to a year off unpaid. Even if you are not outside the 90 day window I wouldn't sweat it...they will give you time off, that is one of the things they are very good at.

For those starting class and end up getting the-190 , folks will probably get their choice of JFK or BOS after the results of the system bid. Good luck to all.. You will enjoy it here.

Latest resources

Back