• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue CEO says its considering 787/A350 for Latin America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We'll order wide bodies just as long as our silly pilots reject collective bargaining, and when they do, we'll yank the football again and outsource the airplanes because our silly pilots and their BoB PVC reps signed off on unlimited alter-ego flying.

Suffering is necessary and good.

First, T5i will not be completed until at least 2015. So not having orders right away isn't a big deal. As for the Caribbean and Central/South America, our highest yields are coming out of places like BOG, SDQ, and SJO. By November, we'll probably be announcing JFK- SKCG and SKCL (3/4 times per week). Dave Barger seems to be impressed with the cargo flying that is coming by way of LAN CHILE and a larger aircraft will allow some of that. Who knows what will happen. I don't think anyone predicted the A321 so soon, so who knows what could be on the horizon. At least we're not talking of anything smaller, like the 190, lol...

Waiting patiently for Lake Alice to put the spin on this statement. There has to be at least 3-5 negative things you can get from it.
Like everything Jetblue has ever told, promised or guaranteed you believe it when you see it. It would be nice but until it's on property...

Like everything Jetblue has ever told, promised or guaranteed you believe it when you see it. It would be nice but until it's on property...

Frank Doss once told my class "Never believe it until you raise the gear handle on it!"

FRANK WAS RIGHT!

If they really wanted widebodies in 2015 then the orders better be placed today, especially with the backlog of 787/A350s

More likely they dont really intend to have widebodies in the next few years, but want to keep the dream alive for those hanging on tight.

I personally NEVER assumed Barger meant we'd have them on property BY 2015. I think the "order" will be...IF we go that route...sometime around 2015..or slightly sooner. I think actually having them for operations in 2015 is just a hair too soon. A couple years later....sure.

I'd be VERY surprised to have a 'heavy' in JB colors by 2015. There is a LOT of stuff we'd still need to do before then...first class, many more FA LODs, ETOPS, FA training for first class, part supply, MTX training and hiring T5i phase I....and god knows how many other things behind the scenes that us troops on the front line have no idea about.

...just a lot of chapters of this story have to take place before a twin isle comes in JB paint. I say just a bit later than 2015...

There is only ONE reason for this "announcement"... another Ford and Harrison advised 'carrot' to keep ALPA away.... The ONLY reason.

There is only ONE reason for this "announcement"... another Ford and Harrison advised 'carrot' to keep ALPA away.... The ONLY reason.

won't work this time brother...

I hope the rest of the troops will understand that if the BOD and CEO want to get a bigger plane here...they'll do it REGARDLESS of union or not.

Latest resources

Back