• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue CEO says its considering 787/A350 for Latin America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do you guys stay in this business when your always so miserable? Must be a horrible existance.

Not everyone's job satisfaction is derived from kissing arse. Some actually prefer proper retirement and benefits. Go figure.

Its only the top 300 or so guys that would see it in the next 15 years anyway, so who the F@#k cares. Once again again a two-tiered society here at the Bluejet.

I'm not holding my breath about a widebody either, but you're flat wrong about the ramifications if it happens. All the prime trips and awards the top 300 pilots get now don't just vanish into the ether when they bid up to another aircraft. Instead, they all flow down so more junior pilots fly them, which improves *your* pay and quality of life even if you never set foot on a widebody in your career.

JetBlue Considering Boeing 787 and Airbus A350 for Latin America Flights
NYCAviation

Speaking at the IATA Annual General Meeting in Beijing on Monday, JetBlue CEO David Barger revealed that the airline is looking into future widebody expansion utilizing either the Airbus A350 XWB or the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.The expansion would be in addition to their already existing order for 40 A320neos and 30 A321s, and would not come before 2015.

“We are looking at larger aircraft especially out of New York and especially Latin America. There is already plenty of service to Europe and Asia,” said Barger.

The announcement comes just days after the airline announced an expansion project at their JFK hub, called T5i, which will handle international traffic and customs.

Released schematics show that several of the new terminal’s gates, which will be built on the former site of Terminal 6, will be equipped for widebody use.

The move to widebodies would be a significant departure from the airline’s fleet of Airbus A320 and Embraer E190 jets, and may be the start of a significant expansion.

Too bad they won't be flown by Jetblue pilots or be operated by Jetblue. Just another code placed on our flights. He is a master at manipulating words! Jetblue will never order heavy jets, they cost too much.

Waiting patiently for Lake Alice to put the spin on this statement. There has to be at least 3-5 negative things you can get from it.
Barger could say he likes girls and you would believe it.

Have you been at Jetlue for more than 2 years.

Two years is a long time. Two months is a long time in aviation. Ever been hired into a class that furloughed before the second week? Yeah I will believe it when I see it.

But despite what some little panty wastes like to claim, the lies of CEOs and their minions are important to recognize and discount as total bull droppings.

At least we all agree that they are bull droppings.

This Jetblue BS reminds me of the Flight Options Red Couch

Walk into the Flight Options lobby as a Pilot Applicant (I was hired and worked there for 6 years), sit down on the Red Leather Couch, and stare at the aircraft model they had in the lobby of the ERJ Corporate Jet.

The running joke at Flight Options use to be that someone really needed to get in the lobby and spray paint that model Orange, for the Carrot it was.

Airline Management is not stupid; they know how to press Pilot buttons.

Keep the Pilots focused on the Carrot, and they might forget about just how much money they are losing TODAY!

Classic Ford and Harrisson Anti-Union Law Firm Tactic.

Press on.. No Union, No Merger protection (makes your company more attractive for a Merger or Acquisition), the Stockholders Profit, and you the Pilot, get F-cked!

ENJOY

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back