Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue CEO on pilot’s mid-air meltdown: ‘It started medical, but clearly wasn’t’

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to the latest on CNN tonight (3/29), Osbon is "under care" and receiving "medical treatment". Certainly no hard facts, but lends credence to the theories that there is a medical reason for the behavior. If so, I hope it is treatable and he gets his life back.

I also think that the FO did an incredably brave act of essentially commiting a mutany against the Captain.

I find this aurgument facinating. This JB FO organized and performed a mutiny against the Captain. Rightfully so, but he still performed a mutiny.

"Mutiny"? Really? :rolleyes:

Rebellion, uprising,overthrow, etc.....why don't you look up the definition and check in again.

If you want to get all maritime or military on this, then look at it more as relieving an officer of his command.....which is not a mutiny.

You're being a bit dramatic, cut back on the movies.;)

Mutiny? Are you serious? Do you even know the meaning of the word? Or is that just what popped out on your "word of the day" app? Your entire opening paragraph screams "look at me, I'm an idiot!"

Mutiny. Jesus Christ. Stick to flying airplanes. Your legal expertise is severely lacking.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutiny

I seemed to think I know what the term meant without looking it up. But since you called me an idiot and I have been known to mis-spell words from time to time and...yes even use the wrong meaning of a word.

So I used your link to see what it had to say.

Mutiny is a conspiracy among members of a group of similarly situated individuals (typically members of the military; or the crew of any ship, even if they are civilians) to openly oppose, change or overthrow an authority to which they are subject. The term is commonly used for a rebellion among members of the military against their superior officer(s), but can also occasionally refer to any type of rebellion against an authority figure.

I would say Mutiny would be a fairly accurate term here. Thank you for the definition.

"Mutiny"? Really? :rolleyes:

Rebellion, uprising,overthrow, etc.....why don't you look up the definition and check in again.

If you want to get all maritime or military on this, then look at it more as relieving an officer of his command.....which is not a mutiny.

You're being a bit dramatic, cut back on the movies.;)

I still think its an appropriate term. I will give you loosely appropriate, but I still think appropriate. And the reason for it was because he locked the Captain out. Mutiny has to do with any "ship" and overthrowing a captain.

But you tell me what word would be more appropriate.

I seemed to think I know what the term meant without looking it up. But since you called me an idiot and I have been known to mis-spell words from time to time and...yes even use the wrong meaning of a word.

So I used your link to see what it had to say.

Mutiny is a conspiracy among members of a group of similarly situated individuals (typically members of the military; or the crew of any ship, even if they are civilians) to openly oppose, change or overthrow an authority to which they are subject. The term is commonly used for a rebellion among members of the military against their superior officer(s), but can also occasionally refer to any type of rebellion against an authority figure.

I would say Mutiny would be a fairly accurate term here. Thank you for the definition.

Very well......now look up conspiracy .

Latest resources

Back