• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Bigwigs and the 190

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Business gets done for strange reasons. I think that one of the major reasons that JetBlue ended up with the Embraers is that Neeleman served a Mormon mission in Brazil, speaks the language, and enjoys vacationing there.

There have been a lot of former Mormon missionaries who have risen to corporate positions and then done business in the countries where they served missions. It is a natural connection that wouldn't be inherent to only Mormons.

SWA is Boeing's largest client, but it was happenstance that they got hooked up. It just so happened that when SWA was looking for airplanes, Boeing had some they were sitting on because of a deal that fell through and they were the only company willing to finance a lunatic lawyer from Texas.

Funny, THREE flipping pages what a POS the 170 and 190 is, but NO ONE can actually even post their dispatch rate???

C'mon, what's the dispatch percentage here.

Put up, shut up, or bring back the JetBlue drug test thread! ;-)

Last edited:
I do not know the numbers for Shuttle's dispatch rate. I can tell you the airplane does not seem to like the cold. The colder it is, the more problems we seem to have. Also, the airplane does not like to be powered down. If you can get all the systems working in the morning, we try to keep it powered all day.

The real problem is that nothing seems to be a five minute fix. While most problems seem to fix themselves by "re-booting" it takes at least 15 minutes to turn it all off and then back on. So, if you get a FLT CONTROL NO DISPATCH message when the crew shows to the airplane, you are looking at a 30 minute delay by the time the re-boot is completed and then the pilots go through their pre-flight checks. I am not sure how much 'fluff' JetBlue has built into their schedules, so I do not know how many legs it would take to make up that time.

What Shuttle has been doing is maintenance comes out to the airplane and powers them up long before the crew shows up to allow for multiple re-boots. That has significantly helped our problems but has not completely eliminated them.

SlapShot said:
I do not know the numbers for Shuttle's dispatch rate. I can tell you the airplane does not seem to like the cold. The colder it is, the more problems we seem to have. Also, the airplane does not like to be powered down. If you can get all the systems working in the morning, we try to keep it powered all day.

The real problem is that nothing seems to be a five minute fix. While most problems seem to fix themselves by "re-booting" it takes at least 15 minutes to turn it all off and then back on. So, if you get a FLT CONTROL NO DISPATCH message when the crew shows to the airplane, you are looking at a 30 minute delay by the time the re-boot is completed and then the pilots go through their pre-flight checks. I am not sure how much 'fluff' JetBlue has built into their schedules, so I do not know how many legs it would take to make up that time.

What Shuttle has been doing is maintenance comes out to the airplane and powers them up long before the crew shows up to allow for multiple re-boots. That has significantly helped our problems but has not completely eliminated them.

Actually according to our chief pilot at shuttle, the reboot time is exactly 11 minutes.

We've had the E170's for over a year now (between CHQ and S5) and still are having problems with it. It's not a problem that is going to go away fast for B6. The majority of errors that come up with the aircraft can be "fixed" with a reboot from what i've seen.

Latest resources

Back