• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Bigwigs and the 190

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many 170's have landed with the brakes set by now...? There's been more than a couple...

Probably not the first or the last conversation between the two companies, eh? I understand that Embraer has already acomplished a software modification that addressed several of the more chronic issues.

JB has grown accustomed to the best dispatch reliability in the industry with the A-320, while simultaneously getting the highest utilization per aircrat, per day - industrywide.

It would be uncharacteristic for JB to accept performance numbers that don't stand up to such a high standard. Their reliability is improving, and will likely continue to do so.

Heavy Set said:
But hindsight is always 20/20..

Hindsight is 20/20, but you could see this one coming from a mile away. Not only is it a new aircraft for JB, but its the lauch aircraft customer. This aircraft purchase was ego driven, back up by a bunch of accounting statistics that dont take into account the true cost of introducing a second aircraft type. JB is not big enough to abosorb these costs and not good enough in the management dept to implement this ac launch.

jetbluedog said:

I'd argue that one of the most significant reasons for choosing the E190 over the A318 is crew costs. Because the A318 is common-rated with the A320, jetBlue would likely have to pay A318 pilots the same rates as A320 pilots. By choosing a different type, jetBlue can pay lower rates on the E190 and save around 30% on pilot costs.

Bingo...sadly. Incoming...

The 318 and 319 were not chosen because the engines aren't compatible with the 320's and the weight of the smaller Airbus's. Nobody has said what the problem is with the E190. Can you elaborate what POS is.

It's fun to speculate on a potential downfall and its cause. Any brand new aircraft has its problems. It's reasonable to believe that the glitches will get worked out and the aircraft will perform juuuust fine.

Amazing Mentality

flyingitalian said:
Hindsight is 20/20, but you could see this one coming from a mile away. Not only is it a new aircraft for JB, but its the lauch aircraft customer. This aircraft purchase was ego driven, back up by a bunch of accounting statistics that dont take into account the true cost of introducing a second aircraft type. JB is not big enough to abosorb these costs and not good enough in the management dept to implement this ac launch.

Honeywell is solving the software glitches.. Many of the issues are resolved with pulling a few Cb's depowering the aircraft resetting and powering..

The Purchase was MARKET driven not ego driven. With all that Nelleman has accomplished to date I hardly consider buying a bunch of Brazilian aircraft topping his list. If this was purely an Ego driven decision I am sure you would have seen an Airbus A350 or A380 announcement.

I wont even respond to your last sentence. Maybe you should apply for CEO ??

clickclickboom said:
Honeywell is solving the software glitches.. Many of the issues are resolved with pulling a few Cb's depowering the aircraft resetting and powering..

glad to see montreal hasn't cornered the market on a "reset" jet.

CTRL-ALT-DEL is what they need in these new jets.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back