JetBlue Aug. 5th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skiav8tor

I know that there are thousands of threads about JB interviews, but it would be nice to get the latest scoop. I got the call yesterday for an Aug. 5th interview...anybody else?? Latest info, etc...

skiav8tor said:
I know that there are thousands of threads about JB interviews, but it would be nice to get the latest scoop. I got the call yesterday for an Aug. 5th interview...anybody else?? Latest info, etc...

Skiavi8tor,

I know a few people on the interview board, and my understanding is there are no major changes.

I know you've heard this before, but I'll repeat it.

Just be yourself. No need for any special $300 interview training. Not everyone fits into JetBlue. If you show the interviewers who you really are, they can make a decision if you would really be happy here.

If you can't adjust to the culture here, you won't be happy. This is a very important point.

Good Luck,

DW

Dogwood said:
If you can't adjust to the culture here, you won't be happy. This is a very important point.

Good Luck,

DW

Dogwood-

How "different" is the cuture at JB ?

Besides the Electronic Flight Kit, 5 year contract and cleaning airplanes.....isn't it like any other Major Carrier ?

320AV8R

320AV8R said:
Dogwood-

Besides the Electronic Flight Kit, 5 year contract and cleaning airplanes.....isn't it like any other Major Carrier ?

320AV8R

I see a huge difference.... They actually treat their customers with respect. They make you feel like your receiving something (besides a ride from point A to B) for your money.

320AV8R said:
Dogwood-

320AV8R

The culture is different, in that at most legacy carriers as soon as mgmt makes a decision, the pilots try to figure out how the company is trying to screw them.

Or that the pilots are too good to throw away a few napkins and straighten a few seat belts to get the plane turned around.

Willing to go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do rather than to get a little credit.

I have a few little things that I do, to do my part in going the extra mile. One is I keep a few toy JetBlue airplanes in my flightbag to give to the UMs. (Unaccompanied Minors) I don't attach my card to the toy, or anything like that.

The other day, it was about 110 degrees on the ramp, and I took the ramp crewmembers a tray of ice-cold waters. They were consumed in about 30 seconds.

As a 15 year ALPA member, and consistantly flying thru highly unionized PHL, it's hard to break out of the shell and realize I can help now.

That's the culture I'm talking about. Not just doing it for the credit, but rather for the right reasons, and doing something extra on every trip.

It's easy to say you can do it, but a little harder to actually do it sometimes.

It has to become a natural thing. If one has to constantly work at it, it gets old fast. Try to work together, rather than us against them mentality.

Does that help explain it a little?

DW

320AV8R said:

Besides the Electronic Flight Kit,
320AV8R

JB'ers-

Do you guys have the electronic Flight Bag? Last time I asked a few months ago a JB buddy said you were still using the paper Jepps.

Our EFB guru told me I could throw my Scott Leather bag away in Jan '06. Where am I gonna put my stickers?:cool:

fr8doggie said:
JB'ers-

Do you guys have the electronic Flight Bag? Last time I asked a few months ago a JB buddy said you were still using the paper Jepps.

Our EFB guru told me I could throw my Scott Leather bag away in Jan '06. Where am I gonna put my stickers?:cool:

Everything is electronic except the Jepps.

FOM, POH, MEls, and all W&B on the laptop.

We're still small enough that we only have a single binder for the jepps at this point. The talk is to one day incorporate the jepps to be diplayed on a screen mounted in the tray tables. Doubt we see that anytime soon. I've used both elect and paper jepps, and much rather use the paper version.

DW

Last edited:
Hey DW...
You have only a couple of months in B6. Please don't be a tool and speak for the pilot group and "the culture". I have over 5 years seniority on you. No I don't carry miniature airplanes for UM's, etc.
I still can do a fantastic job without all that koolaid!!!!

Corn Julio said:
Hey DW...
You have only a couple of months in B6. Please don't be a tool and speak for the pilot group and "the culture". I have over 5 years seniority on you. No I don't carry miniature airplanes for UM's, etc.
I still can do a fantastic job without all that koolaid!!!!

Hi Corn,

I only speak for myself. Aviation forums are 100% opinions. I'm sure you do a great job for the company, and we're glad you're here. There is probably a lot about JB that you could teach me. By the way, how do you define a fantastic job? Is it just flying and smoothe landings.

>>I have over 5 years seniority on you<<

Five years is a short time in this industry, but this has nothing to do with how long I've been here. In fact it's interesting that you even bring that up. That tells me a lot. I did the same type of thing at my former carrier, when I was allowed to. The purpose of this post was not to toot my own horn, but rather to answer a question. This is an interview forum, and questions are "What is JetBlue looking for?" All I can do is share my experiences, and you can share yours.

If you got hired with the opinion that treating people nice is "Koolaid", then you slipped in somehow. The readers of the forum should know, that JB isn't looking for that.

Why do you consider treating the customers and fellow crewmembers "Drinking the koolaid"? That's an entire different topic, and has nothing to do with this. My point was that if someone comes here looking for a fight with management or with co-workers, this may not be the place to work.

I appreciate you jumping in with your opinion.

Have a great day.

DW

320AV8R said:
Dogwood-

320AV8R
As far as scheduling, pay, QOL life, it's just another airline.
Your enthusiasm is commendable, Dogwood. You will feel differently in a few years.

Latest resources

Back