Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue and the 2.21% pay raise rhetoric.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately you cannot compare apples and oranges. BOTH the DC-9 and 717s carry well over 100 pax. You have to use the other carriers that fly the 190s and for now, you guys are overpaid*** but that is a good thing, right?

Your ignorance never stops making me go... wow.

Unfortunately you cannot compare apples and oranges. BOTH the DC-9 and 717s carry well over 100 pax. You have to use the other carriers that fly the 190s and for now, you guys are overpaid*** but that is a good thing, right?

If we ever get a union and decide to go on strike I wonder who'd be first to cross the picket line....you or your brother.

GP

Dumbest JetBlue post of 2012.

Congratulations.

using weight metric is probably more applicable today as the number of seats used to apply to the maximum number of seat an airframe is certified to. Most company's don't one class the airframe (econ) like the 747D's in Japan had 600 plus seats. My previous company got us to sign off on deal that gave us a seat range on the jets but not the turboprops. Next thing you know the Q400 with 76 seats is showing up, but alas the over 70 seat scale is for jets not props. My two cents, back to the regular programing.

all these comparisons are futile. Pay is based on market power and nothing else. Rationalize it all you want on weight, number of seats, number of engines, number of toilets or whatever else you fancy.

are basing that on experience? or just stating what you are feeling, because the market can and will change from the time you start negotiations until you sign and then change yet again. You have to base it on a comparable that way when you meet with the mediator (and you will) you can bring up why you are comparing them to yourselves. Pulling a rabbit out of the hat is not going to advance you very far.

This coming from the same clown that donates money to the Delta Pilots Association. He thought it was genius to donate money to another group of pilots wanting a different UNION while denying his fellow pilots representation. If I was an AME I would deny your medical for lack of sound judgement.

Last edited:
You have to base it on a comparable that way when you meet with the mediator (and you will) you can bring up why you are comparing them to yourselves. Pulling a rabbit out of the hat is not going to advance you very far.

Think logically for a bit and get away from your entitlement mentality. You are not entitled to anything and will only get what is afforded to you by market forces. Harp all you want about comparables.

Latest resources

Back