Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue and the 2.21% pay raise rhetoric.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if you want a CBA go join a company that offers that. Love it how you come in salivating at the chance to fly, sign up and agree on PEAs then whine about not having CBAs.

You don't know what you're talking about nugget. Things have changed A LOT since I got here. If you think your PEA will do anything for you during M/A, you're dreaming.

I'd be all for getting rid of premium time for a better pay rate with about 70-80 hours a month like everyone else out there. Some of us don't like working 20 days / 90+ a month to make a decent wage.

if you want a CBA go join a company that offers that. Love it how you come in salivating at the chance to fly, sign up and agree on PEAs then whine about not having CBAs.

Ah yeeeeeeeaaas, another "you knew what it was when you signed up" don't rock the boaters. I suppose we should all just quit and make room for someone who "really" wants to work here?

NA I don't think so.

Wonderful....

Another delegate from the "It's-better-than-Mesa" crowd....another one satisfied with mediocrity.

The company has not mentioned E90 rates recently, so why would you go there? E90 is 100+ seat airframe with similar capacity and gross weight to the short DC-9 and Boeing 717. It is a full on small mainline narrow-body jet and the pay is right in line, if not LOW compared to DL's DC-9 rates and Airtran-Hawiian's 717 rates.

E90 drivers are NOT overpaid, so stop giving any credibility to that narritive.

Period.

Unfortunately you cannot compare apples and oranges. BOTH the DC-9 and 717s carry well over 100 pax. You have to use the other carriers that fly the 190s and for now, you guys are overpaid*** but that is a good thing, right?

Unfortunately you cannot compare apples and oranges. BOTH the DC-9 and 717s carry well over 100 pax. You have to use the other carriers that fly the 190s and for now, you guys are overpaid*** but that is a good thing, right?

Compared to whome? In northern North American its us, Airways, Republic, and Air Canada flying the e190. Our pay scales are slightly lower then Air Canada, higher then Republic (a regional), and higher then Us Airways (have you seen the rest of their scales?!?!). So please explain by which metric you figure our 190 guys are overpaid?

[

Every other operator flying a 320 does so with more seats. We keep capacity at 150. Will this be your next argument for why our pay and benefits are lower than everyone else's or are you ready to get off your knees and stand up for the ENTIRE pilot group.

Unfortunately you cannot compare apples and oranges. BOTH the DC-9 and 717s carry well over 100 pax.

This is exactly why pay comparisons are usually performed using MGTOW instead of seats. I suppose in your world a A318 with 32 first class seats going from JFK to London City ought to pay less than an RJ.

E-190's are mainline jets. And *we* set the rates at the RJ level. Putting them back to mainline pay *after every else copied our RJ rates* doesn't make it overpaid. Geez, man, whose side are you on?

Blue bayou has publicly stated we did not need a raise and our benefits were ok with him. Meanwhile he uses mil medical and mil retirement.

You will not win an argument with him because it's not a level playing field. You and I NEED better medical and retirement. He does not.

Latest resources

Back