JetBlue and fuel stops

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boeingman said:
Just like the destruction of your retired brothers and sisters retirement plans precipitated by United Brain Surgeons like yourself?

What an ass.

Boeingman,

You want to debate retirement? Then go ahead and start the thread my friend. The retirees had fat b-funds and if they were smart (that is going out on a limb) they could see the writing on the wall. Those that said they did not were living in denial. So the company should fail because some guys are stupid?

Look at the contract. The poor SOB's in the LCC contract are paying for the A-plan that was taken away. Don't you think they should give those guys parity since the A-plan was terminated? Just like Whiteferg and the rest of those clowns you think the world owes you something. Take a note from the JBLU crowd and grow up.

Do you still have insurance in rettirment? Ask a US Air pilot and you will be surprised. I think we should take that away from you guys and give the LCC back their duty rigs.

Now let me grab my violin and play you a tune. The guys I know that have retired and are retiring are quite happy. Are you the guy with 3 ex wives, 6 kids by different mothers, tuition, therapy, alimony, palimony and of course paying your kids lawyers for the crap they have gotten into while you were away? Toss in a few bad investments in get rich quick shemes and poof you are screwed. So you want me to foot the bill for your bad choices. Nice one Charlie. Instead of grinding an axe you should have been raising a family.

If you need cash you should try and find a job at JBLU. I hear they like UAL castoffs. If you own a sled that would make it even better. Get yourself a job as an instructor and you perhaps financial planning expert.

PS I suppose you thought the ESOP stock was going to be worth something also, :)

Floatplane said:
So if we lack in experience I would like to know what your definition of experience is.

I agree that the JBLU pilots are experienced. Experienced AND proficient at picking up trash in the cabin.

We need to exploit this proficiency and efficiency. JBLU should immediately fire all of their flight attendants, and have the pilots sling drinks to the trailer park residents riding in back. Those planes have an autopilot. The pilots really aren't DOING anything at cruise. Might as well squeeze a little productivity out of some dead wood.

Maybe we could set up a shoe shine box in the galley too. The pilots could earn some great tip money.

Floatplane said:
I am not too sure where you come up with the assertion that we have a lack of experience at what you call long haul flying.

I have seen many ads touting the route from FSI directly to JBLU. Are you saying these guys and gals are highly experienced?

32LT10 said:
I have seen many ads touting the route from FSI directly to JBLU. Are you saying these guys and gals are highly experienced?

How many pilots have gone from FSI DIRECTLY to JetBlue?

32LT10 said:

This statement brings the word "Plonker" to mind. I think you will find that FSI is attempting to correlate success stories to their training programs, in other words "you too some day can" blah blah blah
I think you will find it is the same add reprinted too, but if you think it works that way heck lays down the coin and give it a shot. BTW no accommodation included! ;)

You too can fly the worlds fastest jets. Glasses OK!

32LT10 said:

1-800-FLY-NAVY
Don't believe everything you read.

Here are the jetBlue First Officer criteria:

II. Minimum Qualifications:

• 1500 hours total time in airplanes (excluded: Helicopter, Simulator, Flight Engineer time)
• 1000 hours turbine in airplanes
• 1000 hours Pilot in Command Time*
• 1000 hours in airplanes at or above 20,000 pounds (maximum takeoff weight) or 1000 hours in large turbojet airplanes (12,500 lbs or above)
• Recency of flight experience will be considered
• Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certification
• Current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
• Federal Communication Commission (FCC) Radio License
• Valid Passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
• Three reference letters from Pilots who can personally attest to the candidate’s flying skills (must bring originals to interview)
• Vision corrected to 20/20
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma required , College Degree preferred but not required
• Regular attendance is required
• Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion
• Must be well groomed and maintain a professional appearance
• Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
• Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located

*JetBlue will only consider PIC time when the Pilot has signed for the aircraft. Please use only this time when completing the areas of the application asking for PIC time to be entered.
Candidates who have previously interviewed will be ineligible for another opportunity to do so for a period of six (6) months from the date of their last interview

Competitive Qualifications
Our computers surface the most competitive applicants in the database. These files are then reviewed by a team of line Pilots. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, competitive qualifications can be significantly higher than the minimum requirements. On average, we are currently seeing the following background in candidates selected to interview:
• Between 3,000 and 10,000 hours total time in airplanes
• Greater than 2,000 hours turbine PIC in jets
• Greater than 2,000 hours in airplanes at or above 20,000 pounds (maximum takeoff weight)
• Experience with more sophisticated aircraft utilizing Electronic Flight Instrument Systems (EFIS), Flight Management Systems (FMS)
• Bachelor’s Degree

32LT10 said:
You want to debate retirement? Then go ahead and start the thread my friend. The retirees had fat b-funds and if they were smart (that is going out on a limb) they could see the writing on the wall. Those that said they did not were living in denial. So the company should fail because some guys are stupid?

No, I was trying to point out your arrogance in casting stones (in any direction), while those of your ilk destroyed others earned benefits without a moments thought. Now on to the rest of your tirade. It is clear I touched a nerve here. Good!

32LT10 said:
Look at the contract. The poor SOB's in the LCC contract are paying for the A-plan that was taken away. Don't you think they should give those guys parity since the A-plan was terminated? Just like Whiteferg and the rest of those clowns you think the world owes you something. Take a note from the JBLU crowd and grow up.

I don’t think the world owes me anything. Besides, I am not a UAL Brain Surgeon so your entire point is moot. I do think that your fellow pilots did owe your retirees what they earned. Of course we are dealing with the me first mentality of those like yourself that don’t give a danm about their predecessors.

32LT10 said:
Do you still have insurance in retirement? Ask a US Air pilot and you will be surprised. I think we should take that away from you guys and give the LCC back their duty rigs.

I don’t rely on anything at all for my retirement from the airlines. But this is a common theme with you, take away from others to benefit the currently employed. You continue to sound just like a scab by the way.

32LT10 said:
Now let me grab my violin and play you a tune. The guys I know that have retired and are retiring are quite happy. Are you the guy with 3 ex wives, 6 kids by different mothers, tuition, therapy, alimony, palimony and of course paying your kids lawyers for the crap they have gotten into while you were away? Toss in a few bad investments in get rich quick schemes and poof you are screwed. So you want me to foot the bill for your bad choices. Nice one Charlie. Instead of grinding an axe you should have been raising a family.

You can put your violin away with me pal. I’ll bet my net worth is easily 30 times your annual salary. See sport, I saw the handwriting on the wall many moons ago. Mainly this industry is rife with opportunists like yourself. I started an outside business long ago that has made a dump truck full of money for myself. So your barbs are if anything but a joke. If you only knew.

My only axe to grind now is against those like yourself with arrogance and contempt for others. You sound like such an ass for knocking other pilots when your own United closet is rife with skeletons.

32LT10 said:
If you need cash you should try and find a job at JBLU. I hear they like UAL castoffs. If you own a sled that would make it even better. Get yourself a job as an instructor and you perhaps financial planning expert.

JBLU? Not in a million years. Sled you mean my own airplane? Well I do own an L39 and a piece of a Citation. Does that count?

32LT10 said:
PS I suppose you thought the ESOP stock was going to be worth something also

No, I always thought that was a smoke and mirror scheme. Just like United's new business plan. I guarantee you will be back in the courts in a short time. Perhaps them you may learn some humility? I doubt it though. Only the superbly ignorant would still be talking crap like you do about others after what your fellow pilots went through at United.

Last edited:
32LT10 said:

Are those FSI grads just as experienced as the pilots hired under the YONITED EEOC hiring program?

More stones.......

So boeingman you are not a UAL pilot and therefore you did not lose a retirement. In fact you can not speak knowledgably on a subject that you garner all your information from the USA today. If you care to research and do some due diligence you might realize what a moron you are making of yourself. In regards to pensions, do you offer the same type of ire towards US AIR? Also, what is your feeling of defined pension plans in the us? IBM is stopping DB's and various others are doing the same. Your opinion is that a company of 70K employees should shut its doors to pay the retirement of a several hundred retired pilots? Now tell me again about selfishness. These pilots for the most part earned the highest wages in the history of the industry and various other perks.

As for you and your wealth. Congratulations. However, when assesing my worth please do not be so quick to crown yourself prince. As they say in the hood, "You don't know me". I will not go into details but I am happy with where I am financially.

Finally, your yonited comment is really nice. You compare the GOVERMENT MANDATED hiring of minorities at UAL due to the lack of hiring previously to the JBLU poster gal and guy that come straight from FSI. One did it under goverment order and the other did it via publicity stunt.

Again, if you want to start a topic on the retirement issue then please do it. There will be enough spirited debate to keep us all busy for awhile.

JetBlue has not hired a single pilot direct from FSI. Not even the poster girl. I mean, as another poster stated, just look at the hiring minimums. I'm not sure where that rumor got started, and I'm unlikely to find out since certain posters on this thread are ignored.

Latest resources

Back