• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue 4Q and Full Year Results...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can you dredge up that article for us all to see.
It was an article regarding the default risk of JetBlue. We have $250 million in current debt due 1st qtr 2010. If we lose money in 2009 with only 750 million in cash on hand unless we can refinance or sell more to LH - 2010 will be an interesting year.

If our CFO needs to spend more time with his family in 2009 then....

With the economy tanking even with low fuel prices I starting to get nervous.

We need to generate positive cash and net income in 2009.

Dont know if you guys saw all the other quarterly reports but JB's numbers were a solid performance.

Just like every airline out there the massive swings in the markets make it near impossible to look into the proverbial crystal ball. The finest example of this is SWA.. Who would have thought the darling of the industry would have to raise $400 million by selling and leasing back aircraft and then offering notes payable at 10.5% interest !!

JB was actually able to cover their hedge position with minimal loss by posting 115 million. that is not like writing a check.

Revenue is solid and has increased subatantially yoy..

I dont feel totally secure at any airline but i think it is safe to say that jb will be one of the last ones to turn the lights out if this all goes in the crapper.

PS: As far as the general is concerned the only airline in the world should be Delta.. He would be naive/stupid or both to think that his o mighty delta is suspectable. I remember when the domestic market last year had razor thin margins and he would talk about how rich delta was getting on long haul international. International routes right now are bleeding red with substantially higher costs. I have a few buds at Delta and they have flown some intl lately with less than 30% load factors.

All I can say is good luck to all

Last edited:
Hey Gen,

Whatever happened to that uber cool jetblue killa named Song, I thought it was going so well and yet, seem to be unable to find them anywhere!

Where is JKF? Also, you have to compete with your new version (Virgin America), and you may lose money on some of those routes in order to do so. Also, those routes already have established carriers on them, and also are long enough to maybe cause a fuel stop during strong headwind Winter days. It will be interesting no doubt. Remember also that other airlines on those routes also have live TV (we have Dish Network on all flights over 1700 nm on 73Ns and 757/767s) and CAL is adding liveTV also.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Okay, I'm reading this thread, every post in a row and I come to this one.

At what point did this thread become a Delta vs. JB discussion?

Ya gotta let it go. Song is dead.

Next he will probably poke fun at our Lubbock Overnights.. Oh yeah thats the other airline he hates.. I mean our Ozone Park overnights one of which i enjoyed just last night but that was only because i went illegal and cs bought my day island turn so at least i got 7:50 of premium to commute home..

How many flights do you fly out of IAD a day?

Latest resources

Back