• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue 4Q and Full Year Results...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It will be interesting no doubt. Remember also that other airlines on those routes also have live TV (we have Dish Network on all flights over 1700 nm on 73Ns and 757/767s) and CAL is adding liveTV also.

Bye Bye--General Lee

No doubt. It will be interesting because we have never competed with anyone with Live TV before. Oh...wait a minute...

Well, those same planes do go onto places that have shorter distances of course. Those planes often do FLA turns from ATL after doing transcons, or short flights from SLC to the West Coast. The aim initially was to equip all planes flying on those routes over 1700 NMs to compete with JB A320s. Also, we have more than one or two types of planes (JB has A320s and E190s), and we also have 800 mainline planes now after merging with NWA. So, we will equip certain planes that do warrent those TVs. It is easier to do it when you get a new plane and have time to install the TVs etc. When you already fly those planes, taking them out of service may cost you more. I do have the feeling we are installing more though now, since we don't need all of the lift during these slow months currently. I bet all 757s, dom 767s, and 73Ns will be equiped shortly. Some FNWA planes like A319s or A320s may also eventually get TVs too. Our INTL birds won't get them because we can't get satelite coverge everywhere on the planet.

Bye Bye--General Lee

This is only since I've been paying attention, but, first it was Song. Superior product with the ultra efficient 757's that was going to crush JetBlue.....then it was going to be the ultra smart way that Delta was going to clog up JFK with cheap running RJ's that was going to doom JetBlue. That was also going on at the same time that Delta was virtually printing its own money by expanding international flying. Now this....
Keep ordering those "ACME" boxes there "Wile-E-Coyote".

This is only since I've been paying attention, but, first it was Song. Superior product with the ultra efficient 757's that was going to crush JetBlue.....then it was going to be the ultra smart way that Delta was going to clog up JFK with cheap running RJ's that was going to doom JetBlue. That was also going on at the same time that Delta was virtually printing its own money by expanding international flying. Now this....
Outstanding!

The only thing that shut General Lee up is when the DAL hit the bankrupt trail. All of a sudden he went silent - minimal posts for months while he wrapped his brain around the idea that he may be beggin for a new job. Having been there, it is tough to see the legacy you love hit the skids. Amazingly enough, they gave up huge concessions - including scope- and somehow found their way to a new dawn.

Despite the fact that less than a year earlier the GL had spent much time bashing UAL and USAir for the same predicament he now found his own crop dustin outfit in, he brainf$%ked himself into a new rationalization as to why it was "different" at DAL. Now he's all better - and back on top! Right up until the next crisis. Despite having a few years in the industry, the GL is the poster child for whats wrong with the profession - "Mine is bigger than yours; I chose right and we are all smarter than airline X, Y and Z." I think the failure of that strategy will be clear soon enough.

Good Luck!

Where is JKF? Also, you have to compete with your new version (Virgin America), and you may lose money on some of those routes in order to do so. Also, those routes already have established carriers on them, and also are long enough to maybe cause a fuel stop during strong headwind Winter days. It will be interesting no doubt. Remember also that other airlines on those routes also have live TV (we have Dish Network on all flights over 1700 nm on 73Ns and 757/767s) and CAL is adding liveTV also.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey General, any truth that Leo Mullin has been put back on the payroll at Delta as a consultant to get this mess of a merger complete. Lots of red ink flowing in Atlanta right now and they are not printing Valentines card.

How will Delta get back on track. Here is a hint, the Delta you see today will be vastly different from the Delta you see in Quarter 4 of this year. What happened to the post bankruptcy plan of 3 fleet types? The big D is in major trouble but hey that's just my view. Hope I'm wrong.

Their newest technique is hoping that JB commuters will get ensnarled in that venus flytrap of a terminal, Terminal 2 in JFK and thus disrupt our crew manning.

Terminal 2, or as I call it ... Mumbai.

Their newest technique is hoping that JB commuters will get ensnarled in that venus flytrap of a terminal, Terminal 2 in JFK and thus disrupt our crew manning.

Terminal 2, or as I call it ... Mumbai.

Funny. I call it "Ellis Island". JetBlue has begun to fight back. We are disrupting Delta's operation by denying Delta's FA's jumpseats for not dressing "provocatively" enough. It could be a real problem for them in the future.

Funny. I call it "Ellis Island". JetBlue has begun to fight back. We are disrupting Delta's operation by denying Delta's FA's jumpseats for not dressing "provocatively" enough. It could be a real problem for them in the future.

Ellis Island -- good one.

My favorite (besides Balducci's of course) are the non-stop 115 dB PAs by some unintelligible foreign-born employee. Oh, and the "Now Boarding 15 Flights Through One Gate" process.

Latest resources

Back