Jetblue 190 Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll just say it...

It's about time. Nice to hear you finally admit it Blu aid drinkers, you couldn't get a real job anywhere else, and since this is the best deal you ever had, you're only shot to make it, you're going to screw the rest of the industry. You're like the pimply faced long sideburned Mesa twits and the PFT'ers, have you seen these guys in the airports? Morons! Go see a freakin tailor, get those pants hemmed or taken in or something. Where was I? So you'll hike up the skirt and show beaver for whatever will advance you, and screw the rest of us. It's pathetic. You guys were the losers/lifers that couldn't get a real job because you were unqualified ef-ups pre 9-11, but NOW, we're in the drivers seat. Hiring guys that wouldn't have looked sideways at us a few years ago. Then when the company comes up with these pay rates you just kinda' say, aw shoot man, this isn't so good, ummmmm yeah, but the enviroment is so competetive. Look what the LCC's have done to the pilot profession man! Wake Up! What will your grandkids say if they become a pilot and asked the question, what did my Grandpappy do to make the cockpit a safer and better paying place? Well geee, he paid for his training, so he could get a job with spew, then he said nothing while a coupla' ignorant management moles led the pilot group into trying to change the FARS so they could work more for less money, and then when management said they needed a new airplane type, to serve underserviced markets, or at least they will be underserviced when we put another legacy out of business, he rolled over and settled for the lowest payrate possible. Dude! you are an example of what the enron ethic has done to this country. Screw everyone but me, all morality is relative, there is no right or wrong. Wake UP! Yes I take the paycheck, but have you ever spoken up to try change things for the good of anyone but yourself? I have. And let's let it out, right here 320, what happens to the guys at blue who speak up?

(Edited by Eagleflip for vulgarity)
-FF

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee, FF, a little over the top tonight, aren't ya? Do you harbor some deep seated grudge against JB, or are you particularly snarky today for some reason?

OK, I'll bite. Here are a couple o' questions for you:

What PFT are you babbling about? :rolleyes:

"Couldn't get a real job..." Hmmm. Do you have ANY idea of how many prior 121 guys we've hired? Former USAirways, United, Delta, etc? The legacy guys and gals here are top notch, so I wouldn't exactly brand them as losers. In fact, I'd call them "extraordinarily competent." As for the military and charter folks, again I'd venture to say that if the legacy carriers were hiring, all of them would stand a great chance of getting picked up.

Putting legacy carriers out of business? Again, I fail to see exactly how our 60 jets are the cause of the entire industry's duress. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Now, understand that I'm not happy about these EMB pay rates. Not at all. However, as I've said before, I will wait until our management hears the buzz and makes the appropriate decision before I decide on whether to make my appropriate stand or not.

It pained me to edit your post, as you will probably scream that another JetBlue guy has hosed you in the name of saving face. Not so, oh farming one. Just trying to maintain a certain sense of civility on the board.

Once again FlyingFarmer, the bile is clouding your brain causing severe reactions. I came after 9/11, from an ALPA carrier where I was for the past ten years. I was making over 200 grand a year. Now, you just can't believe how good JetBlue is because you are not here. Your attitude seems to indicate that you would be bitter anywhere. I hope you can work out your unhappiness because life is too short. Have a wonderful evening. Try a glass of Blue Kool-Aid and just chill out good buddy.:D

how many prior 121 guys, If only you knew

Flip,

No no, I deserved the edit. Thanks. BUT! C'mon Flip, you know the deal with the top guys, many of us do. As far as furloughees that have been hired, my originial comment stands. Many of the Blue pilots wouldn't have looked twice if it weren't for our post 9-11 world. The PFT I'm babbling about, and babbling is probably a good word, has to do with an ethic. What the Blue-boys and all pilots have to ask themselves is, how low will I go, and at what point will I say, nah, I aint doin' it for that? Insofar as ME harboring any animosity to ALL blue pilots, well, that's patently absurd. Why some of my best friends are...well, you know how that goes, but here's the rub, some of the Blue pilots are unwilling to shall I say "speak up" - you yourself (as I've heard it) are waiting to "see how it all shakes out". So sit back blue pilots, raise the skirt and let it happen, yes sir, yes sir, three bags full, Look, you're an AF guy right? Ok, I'll type slow. LCC's come in, and cherry pick, suck up market share, drive down prices, margins , and profits for legacies. While ignoring smaller markets, the consumer will lose in the end. Let them eat cake Neeleman says of the consumer, he wins with low prices (for now), but will SW or Jblu fly into small markets? Heck no. They leave that to the Legacies, whoops no more legacies, or at least less of them, and many airports wind up without air service. Hey the government will say, let's start up something called essential air service. Is this sounding familiar? Can you say 1930's? I thought you could. Meanwhile the movers and shakers at Blue are looking the other way and saying, our shucks our 60 jets, nyuck nyuck nyuck, we didn't do anything, we just wanted a more productive day. Or a quicker upgrade, or more options or more profit sharing. You're just like all the rest Flip, keep lookin' the other way, and don't make any waves. Read what you deleted, does it look good on you too?

And to FF(reddie) me bitter, about Blue, now that is rich. If only Boy, if only.

Last edited:
FlyingFarmer said:
It's about time. Nice to hear you finally admit it Blu aid drinkers, you couldn't get a real job anywhere else, and since this is the best deal you ever had, you're only shot to make it,-FF
Okay, so I'll bite (though I wonder why I should waste the words on you). I did have the "real" job you probably aspired to, and chose to leave for JetBlue. I have not regretted the decision. There are many here who were indeed hired at legacies of every color, most were furloughed, but some even came on thier own. This is not the land of "rejects" that you seem to think it is.

Skirt

Last edited:
flyingfarmer:

Your inflammatory argument supposes that pilots both collectively and indivdually have a significant measure of control over the direction of their profession going forward and that if we all just pull on the rope from the same end that "our" problems will be solved, but sadly you couldn't be more wrong.

The market forces at work on this industry are bringing to light the glaring fact that we are just all figurative passengers on this journey through the biggest economic and financial change this industry has been through ever. However, if you want to blame somebody then start with yourself.

You and all other American consumers want the most they can get for the lowest price; and not just when it comes to buying airline tickets; it includes groceries, cars, houses, clothes, DVDs, computers, you name it, we all contribute our fair share in the same "race to the bottom" that you assign to this beloved and revered profession.

The problem for you is that you don't see the damage to other American workers who try to eek out a living which is generally far below your standard as an airline pilot. You have apparently forgotten, or have never realized that you are just as guilty everyone else when you decide to buy your made in China TV, or your Costa Rican fabricated shirt.

In case you have forgotten we live in a capitalist society and a free-market driven economy for the most part. The "criminals" in this case are not pilots but the all-mighty consumer who demands the same value for their dollar when flying on an airline as they do when they buy just about anything else. Airline consumers don't appreciate what pilots go through to reach the so-called top of this industry and frankly they don't care to hear about it either. When 90% of them make a 1/3 to 1/2 less than what the average airline pilot makes you'll never win their hearts over with your lamenting of the vagaries of being an airline pilot.

In the meantime as thousands of airline pilots are being dumped on the street and thousands of other newly minted ATPs, military retirees, and corporate refugees are trying to find greener pastures we find ourselves in the perfect storm that puts each one of us at odds with another as we look for the popular villiain to publicly skewer. The flavor of the month at this time happens to be LCC pilots with jetBlue leading the list. Like Eagleflip stated how can an airline with 60 airplanes be the harbinger of so much bad in virtually every corner of this industry?

The short answer is: It can't; and therefore it is only logical for more reasonable people to conclude that much bigger economic forces are at work; forces that none of us can control. You and others who subscribe to your views are your own worst enemies and jetBlue pilots, nor anyone else are going to fall on their professional swords so you can enjoy the last vestiges of an archaic regulated industry.

If this isn't what you signed up for then find the nearest exit and don't let the door hit you in the a$$ as you go. After you've been in the real world for a while then maybe you'll begin to appreciate how good you still have it despite all your woes. If you want to truly control your own destiny then stop being an employee who in the end only works for someone else that calls the shots concerning your economic future.

Ooohhhhhh Skirt

I've spoken with Captains that have flown with you, and trust me, you're a reject of the highest caliber. Yo!!

Speedbird, On many issues I couldn't agree with you more. On issues such as you bring up re' American manufacturing, your observations are dead on accurate. But the tensile strength of your true spinal core is put into question when you say things like market forces, perfect storm, we're helpless etc. By the way, in the movie the perfect storm, what was that neo fascist left wing liberal Clooney doing on that wave? Well, he was just doin what the massuh told him to do. He was uh catchn himma fish. Listen giantkiller snapperhead, just push button one because the controller told you to, look Colonel, you're not on active duty for your CEO, and you do have a say, we all do, the decisions you make affect us all. Needlemyer has made millions and Blue pilots get shat upon, and except for what 5 or 6 pilots all the pilot cadre does is look at the floor and shuffle their feet. Maybe Blue could recruit that sellout AMRON Darrah to start a union over here. So grow a sack academy boy, and while your at it, I suggest reading flying the line parts one and two, and confessions of a union buster. Behncke (do you even know who that is?) didn't improve things for all pilots with wingmen the likes of you.

And just so I head off the argument, yes I've served, and still do.

AND ps Skirt, I was only joking,

...........mostly.

Hey Flying Flamer,

My God son, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

I would tell you to have a nice day but I can see it's too late.

Well flyingfarmer since you have all the answers to what ails me and my ilk please lay out your detailed plan that I am supposed to follow and which I'm obviously so ignorant of. While you may suspect that my spinal cord is in question at least it is still connected to a critical-thinking brain. Too bad the same can't be said for everyone else who wants to remind me of what my so-called obligations to the brotherhood are. BTW, I could care less if you "served" or not since it isn't germane to this issue. Finally, like I said before if you want to have true financial control of your future stop being an employee...especially one who thinks somebody owes you a king's ransom.

Last edited:
FlyingFarmer said:
I've spoken with Captains that have flown with you, and trust me, you're a reject of the highest caliber. Yo!!

Speedbird, On many issues I couldn't agree with you more. On issues such as you bring up re' American manufacturing, your observations are dead on accurate. But the tensile strength of your true spinal core is put into question when you say things like market forces, perfect storm, we're helpless etc. By the way, in the movie the perfect storm, what was that neo fascist left wing liberal Clooney doing on that wave? Well, he was just doin what the massuh told him to do. He was uh catchn himma fish. Listen giantkiller snapperhead, just push button one because the controller told you to, look Colonel, you're not on active duty for your CEO, and you do have a say, we all do, the decisions you make affect us all. Needlemyer has made millions and Blue pilots get shat upon, and except for what 5 or 6 pilots all the pilot cadre does is look at the floor and shuffle their feet. Maybe Blue could recruit that sellout AMRON Darrah to start a union over here. So grow a sack academy boy, and while your at it, I suggest reading flying the line parts one and two, and confessions of a union buster. Behncke (do you even know who that is?) didn't improve things for all pilots with wingmen the likes of you.

And just so I head off the argument, yes I've served, and still do.

AND ps Skirt, I was only joking,

...........mostly.
Joke if you wish but I can tell you in Skirts defense (not that she needs defending) that she has accomplished more good things, in and out of the cockpit at JB in her short time here than you will in your entire career. And, from the content and quality of your post(s), it looks like she outranks you by at least 100 IQ points!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back