• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblew Is MESSED up!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I jumpseated on a Jetblue flight a few years ago. I was sitting in the back with another Jetblue pilot. At the end of the flight he tried to give me a pair of blue rubber gloves and told me as a jumpseater it is common courtesy at Jetblue to help pick up trash. I told him I appreciate the ride, but I am not doing that. He didn't say anything else about it. True story. I think he was serious though because he put the gloves on and started picking up trash. I was a little embarrassed that an airline pilot is picking up trash in front of the passengers. At my airline, we have cleaners that do that while we greet the passengers.

Good for you! What's next - wiping off the pi$$ stains in front of the toilet between flights? That JB pilot signed up for that duty, not you...

Good for you! What's next - wiping off the pi$$ stains in front of the toilet between flights? That JB pilot signed up for that duty, not you...

Not expected of jumpseaters at all and he was wrong to ask!

This whole thing originated from pass riding employees being asked to straighten their row and go. It somehow morphed into let's all don gloves and clean the entire plane while we jump over the passengers trying to deplane.

In case any jetblue pilots think it is actually your job you need to look in the FOM and see it is clearly defined that you don't.

Not expected of jumpseaters at all and he was wrong to ask!

This whole thing originated from pass riding employees being asked to straighten their row and go. It somehow morphed into let's all don gloves and clean the entire plane while we jump over the passengers trying to deplane.

In case any jetblue pilots think it is actually your job you need to look in the FOM and see it is clearly defined that you don't.

I wish more of the new hires would actually read the FOM....new guy in my pad was asked me about that, I vehemently told him that not only was NOT required but every passenger who was asked about it was against seeing any pilot cleaning. He told me during IOE the CKA was "highly encouraging" him to hurry back and clean....JFK/BOS the other day and the new FO was cleaning before I made it up to the front...

I jumpseated on a Jetblue flight a few years ago. I was sitting in the back with another Jetblue pilot. At the end of the flight he tried to give me a pair of blue rubber gloves and told me as a jumpseater it is common courtesy at Jetblue to help pick up trash. I told him I appreciate the ride, but I am not doing that. He didn't say anything else about it. True story. I think he was serious though because he put the gloves on and started picking up trash. I was a little embarrassed that an airline pilot is picking up trash in front of the passengers. At my airline, we have cleaners that do that while we greet the passengers.

I apologize for the morons we have on the property. No bluejet pilot or flight attendant should ever be asking or implying that an offline jump seater should ever help clean the plane. This practice is not "common courtesy."

If I ever see an offline pilot or flight attendant attempting to clean one of our planes, I politely tell them that they are our guests and they do not have to help clean our planes. On one particular occasion, my own inflight crew gave me the evil eye after telling some offline FAs that they didn't have to help clean the plane. I gladly reminded my inflight crew that these people are our guests, and that when we as bluejet pilots and flight attendants jumpseat on their aircraft, we are never asked to help clean. I also reminded them to look in their FAMs because there is guidance for this issue. Cleaning aircraft is part of the bluejet flight attendants' job description......period. Offering to help them is one thing, but please don't ever let anyone ask, imply, or insist that a jump seater should help clean.

I apologize for the morons we have on the property. No bluejet pilot or flight attendant should ever be asking or implying that an offline jump seater should ever help clean the plane. This practice is not "common courtesy."

If I ever see an offline pilot or flight attendant attempting to clean one of our planes, I politely tell them that they are our guests and they do not have to help clean our planes. On one particular occasion, my own inflight crew gave me the evil eye after telling some offline FAs that they didn't have to help clean the plane. I gladly reminded my inflight crew that these people are our guests, and that when we as bluejet pilots and flight attendants jumpseat on their aircraft, we are never asked to help clean. I also reminded them to look in their FAMs because there is guidance for this issue. Cleaning aircraft is part of the bluejet flight attendants' job description......period. Offering to help them is one thing, but please don't ever let anyone ask, imply, or insist that a jump seater should help clean.

Well said x1000

Unbelievable! One of our bluebells actually asked you to clean?? What a ******************************. If I see an OAL pilot looking like he's going to jump in and clean, I tell him not to. My reasoning is, "I'm not going to clean your plane so you don't need to clean mine." That's FA or contractor duty.

Unbelievable! One of our bluebells actually asked you to clean?? What a ******************************. If I see an OAL pilot looking like he's going to jump in and clean, I tell him not to. My reasoning is, "I'm not going to clean your plane so you don't need to clean mine." That's FA or contractor duty.

Lets not get all out of control over one story.
I have yet to see ANY offline guy asked to do anything other than enjoy the ride. It's one story and if we want to go with things like this as the default for the pilot group than every United guy is an a$$ because of the one guy who was a TOTAL d--k to me while jumpseating but I just think he was the exception to the rule. Pilots DO NOT HAVE TO CLEAN.
I am a 190 guy so I am stuck with the FA's my policy is if they are nice and I am done with my job, my stuff is out of the flight deck, and all of the people are off I will go help out. If I am non reving I sit and wait till everyone leaves and help out. That is just me. I have seen plenty of non rev guys in uniform (jetblue) walk right out and I have seen them jump over seats, the answer as always is in the middle.

Lets not get all out of control over one story.
I have yet to see ANY offline guy asked to do anything other than enjoy the ride. It's one story and if we want to go with things like this as the default for the pilot group than every United guy is an a$$ because of the one guy who was a TOTAL d--k to me while jumpseating but I just think he was the exception to the rule. Pilots DO NOT HAVE TO CLEAN.
I am a 190 guy so I am stuck with the FA's my policy is if they are nice and I am done with my job, my stuff is out of the flight deck, and all of the people are off I will go help out. If I am non reving I sit and wait till everyone leaves and help out. That is just me. I have seen plenty of non rev guys in uniform (jetblue) walk right out and I have seen them jump over seats, the answer as always is in the middle.

The "default" is clearly that this pilot group is weak, scared, and decades behind the power curve because they lack any foresight.

They CLEAN because they are WEAK.

They are WEAK because they are INFERIOR and SCARED. They need to feel secure in a servant relationship.

If you want to join a WEAK, INFERIOR, SCARED, pilot group with absolutely no foresight, then you should come to jetblew.

At the end of the day, you will be millions behind your peers and you will put your family in jeapordy.

Jetblew is BAD decision unless you plan to move up to a real airline.

The "default" is clearly that this pilot group is weak, scared, and decades behind the power curve because they lack any foresight.

They CLEAN because they are WEAK.

They are WEAK because they are INFERIOR and SCARED. They need to feel secure in a servant relationship.

If you want to join a WEAK, INFERIOR, SCARED, pilot group with absolutely no foresight, then you should come to jetblew.

At the end of the day, you will be millions behind your peers and you will put your family in jeapordy.

Jetblew is BAD decision unless you plan to move up to a real airline.

So are you weak, inferior, or scared?
I would go with just an A$$

Latest resources

Back