Jet Time and the majors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

suupah

Does anyone know of which majors will only hire if you have Jet time specifically and not just turbine time?

suupah said:
Does anyone know of which majors will only hire if you have Jet time specifically and not just turbine time?

Nobody says you have to have jet time vs. turbine time. Old school (pre 9/11) was that it didn't matter one bit as long as you were signing for the aircraft. At that time there wasn't thousands of guys with thousands of hours PIC in jets trying to get into the majors. The next time hiring starts up again, who knows what will be the case. If I were hiring at a major, I would prefer pilots with substantial PIC Jet time than substantial PIC turbo-prop time.

Later

igneousy2 said:
Nobody says you have to have jet time vs. turbine time. Old school (pre 9/11) was that it didn't matter one bit as long as you were signing for the aircraft. At that time there wasn't thousands of guys with thousands of hours PIC in jets trying to get into the majors. The next time hiring starts up again, who knows what will be the case. If I were hiring at a major, I would prefer pilots with substantial PIC Jet time than substantial PIC turbo-prop time.

Later

Why would you want someone with more pic jet time vs a turboprop guy?

I agree. Quality PIC time in turbine equipment is more important than jet vs. t-prop. Anyone can be taught how to fly a jet, so I would hire the competent pilot first.

igneousy2 said:

Later

Dude, just because you have jet PIC does not mean you are an experienced pilot. All it means is that your seniority number came up first. I can say first hand I have watched a TP driver fly circles around an "experienced jet pilot" on the first day in a jet sim. From the looks of your profile you will not be hiring anyone anytime soon, thankfully.

Bart Simpson said:
The 'majors' hiring?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How about Continental? Wake up Bart.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Does anyone know, which majors require jet time specifically and which don't?

does continental hire t prop drivers?

Latest resources

Back