• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey B-atch,

Just one question.

You wrote:

"As a JB pilot, or for all purposes as a professional and experienced pilot, you have the duty to EDUCATE and DEVELOP others without RIDICULE".

Then why didn't you jump all over Labbats for his RIDICULE about JB guys cleaning up after the passengers? Why did you wait for a JB guy to respond to his sarcasm and only THEN decide we had a duty not to ridicule others?

Just curious.

Oh, and speaking of ridicule, who was it that posted these gems?

"Little boy BLEW.........He needed the money"
AWWW... Have you considered ANGER MANAGEMENT??
Drink More Cool-aid!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Labbats is a flight instructor with 1000 TT. I can understand his MISCONCEPTION.

Jealous?

I see JB guys daily and they don't really seem to have any attitude that others don't in fact considering they are fairly humble. Sounds like jealousy to me and yes I’m jealous too. I wear a US AIR uniform and I wonder how much longer I have till I have to start sending out resumes. I would be nice to the JB guys they might still be hiring when the rest fail and we are back at the job fair. Again it’s who you know.

It’s true they like to hire jet time but there are prop guys going; so I hear and hope. I’m just curious any rumors on what the 190 pilots are going to get paid?

Have I struck a chord here, I seem to be the new focus point of a few JB pilots. IF the shoe fits, then wear it....

By the way, contrary to popular belief.....I do have a sense of humor.

Eagleflip said:
Why TonyC, thanks for asking!:)
Actually, I wasn't asking you, I was asking side stick-n. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your input (and I don't want to get fried for disagreeing with a moderator :) ) but I was interested in learning whether side stick-n could discuss the subject without calling ME a punk, too. (Reference Post #3)

Eagleflip said:
As a matter of fact, I do, on occasion, pick up a bag that fell off the conveyer and take it over to the bag cart. OK, so I don't do as many walk arounds as I used to, but hey...the air is fresh out there.

Gee, I even speak to the refuelers and lav guys...I mean, they enjoy a bit of conversation (albeit at a high decibel level) too. Do I help them? Nope, not adequately trained nor do I want to. I hang around for a couple of minutes and talk to our maintainers--I tend to think they appreciate the approach.

Do I take your tone to imply that we shouldn't help clean? Do you think we are "lowering the profession?"
Your attitude towards fellow employees is to be applauded. We all ought to do so well. There's nothing in any contract that I know of that forbids treating all other human beings with dignity, and we certainly all want that treatment. I've picked up boxes that fell off the belt loader, and I make it a point to speak to the mechanics. We're all in the same boat, so to speak.

I believe that the BEEF that folks have with the practice is that it is PERCEIVED that it is REQUIRED that pilots help clean the cabin. Perhaps this is a misperception, and perhaps you could help clear it up.

I wouldn't hesitate to help a fellow employee with whatever they were doing if it meant that we ALL get to head for the layover hotel a few seconds earlier. I would RESENT it if that same employee EXPECTED me to do their job. There's a difference.

Oh, by the way... why do you not want to help the lav guy? ;)

Eagleflip said:
Most importantly, how does our action affect you (the board in general, not specifically you Tony) ? In other words, some harrangue us for cleaning, but I do not know why they are worried. It is our airline and we (I) intend to keep it growing via competitive means. I'm sorry if this sounds arrogant...it is not written in that vein. I'm only responding to the usual negative comments on the propriety of our actions, actions that do not affect any other carrier.
Perhaps it's the perception that it's required.

My question for you is this: Your brother lowered the bar on this thread on post #3 by calling a fellow pilot a punk. Why did you address my question before you addressed his attitude?

TonyC said:
Your attitude towards fellow employees is to be applauded. We all ought to do so well. There's nothing in any contract that I know of that forbids treating all other human beings with dignity, and we certainly all want that treatment. I've picked up boxes that fell off the belt loader, and I make it a point to speak to the mechanics. We're all in the same boat, so to speak.

I believe that the BEEF that folks have with the practice is that it is PERCEIVED that it is REQUIRED that pilots help clean the cabin. Perhaps this is a misperception, and perhaps you could help clear it up.

I wouldn't hesitate to help a fellow employee with whatever they were doing if it meant that we ALL get to head for the layover hotel a few seconds earlier. I would RESENT it if that same employee EXPECTED me to do their job. There's a difference.

Oh, by the way... why do you not want to help the lav guy? ;)
Spoken much more eloquently than I, but the same idea nonetheless.

Man, I really hate getting involved, but here we go......

TonyC said:
My question for you is this: Your brother lowered the bar on this thread on post #3 by calling a fellow pilot a punk. Why did you address my question before you addressed his attitude?
Tony, while you talk about the guy who "lowered the bar" in post #3, you seemed to have completely overlooked post #2, which is where the "bad attitude" posting started. Why aren't you chastising the guy who started the mud slinging? Everyone seems to hone in on the JB guys "attitudes", but it seems like most of the time they are just responding to someone else's negativity towards JB.

Just an observation.

B-atch,

Surely you can't be serious.......

"Perhaps IGNORANCE is one of the sought after qualities that the JB HR people seek.."

Your attitude has been noted, Mr. B-atch

Latest resources

Back