• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please remember me!

side stick-n said:
Labbats,

Based on the long list of advanced aircraft, your ratings as well as your present position, I would say you're experience level indicates you know what you're talking about. Cleaning the aircraft is an option and one that I choose to do. Obviously, you know nothing about creating a teamwork environment with those you are responsible for. What bothers me is when 1000 hour, flight instructor, know-it-all punks talk as if they even have a clue. With that attitude, you will never make it out of your present position if you choose to do so. At least not at JetBlue.

captb,

Approximately 11G/month plus per diem plus profit sharing plus 401K match. (profit sharing goes into a retirement account mirroring the 401K) That number is based on current Captain pay scales @ 85 hours/month in the A320.

As scheduled, the first class of 190 line pilots should happen in June or July, 2005. I "heard" we have over 9000 applications on file so I expect the time requirements will remain as they currently are. Training is expected to take place in the new MCO facility which is scheduled for completion in mid 2005.
CaptB,
I can understand your comments here. I used to do some hangar flying with guys who "knew a lot about the industry." Of course, the truth is that they had instructed and worked the ramp but didn't know from the position. I love the idea of having a team environment, so say whatever you like. Just PLEASE remember me when I interview at JB. Ya'll are doing a lot right! By the way to all, enjoying WHERE you do what you do is as, or more important as enjoying WHAT you do. Best of luck to you all!
CaptT.

Folks, though we are paid to perform pilot duties, we also are human and are no so high and mighty that we can't help out our fellow employees WHEN WE CAN. It's your option whether you want to help or not. But has anybody ever heard of LEAD BY EXAMPLE. When David Neeleman can clean airplanes, why can't I help. There are other things that we do that are not pilot duties. Things like help a senior citizen with their bags off the plane and to another gate, or go down to the ramp and get a stroller for a mom with two babies and her arms full while the other passengers are pushing by her, or talk to a passenger who is on their first flight and is afraid of flying. Think about it for a second, if the people I described above were your family or friends, would you really use this thread to discredit those pilots who, by their own initative, have decided to give a hand instead of watching. As for me, and my fellow JB pilots, we're happy to help out. If on the other hand, you feel more comfortable behind the cockpit door, so be it. Just don't condemn us because you believe we're bringing down the industry. Things are great for us now and hopefully it will continue. I can only hope that the detractors who feel we're wrong are as happy with their jobs and company as we are. Oh yeah, it's not the "Blue Kool Aid" speaking, but from the heart.

"Folks, though we are paid to perform pilot duties, we also are human and are no so high and mighty that we can't help out our fellow employees WHEN WE CAN. It's your option whether you want to help or not. But has anybody ever heard of LEAD BY EXAMPLE. When David Neeleman can clean airplanes, why can't I help. There are other things that we do that are not pilot duties. Things like help a senior citizen with their bags off the plane and to another gate, or go down to the ramp and get a stroller for a mom with two babies and her arms full while the other passengers are pushing by her, or talk to a passenger who is on their first flight and is afraid of flying. Think about it for a second, if the people I described above were your family or friends, would you really use this thread to discredit those pilots who, by their own initative, have decided to give a hand instead of watching. As for me, and my fellow JB pilots, we're happy to help out. If on the other hand, you feel more comfortable behind the cockpit door, so be it. Just don't condemn us because you believe we're bringing down the industry. Things are great for us now and hopefully it will continue. I can only hope that the detractors who feel we're wrong are as happy with their jobs and company as we are. Oh yeah, it's not the "Blue Kool Aid" speaking, but from the heart."

Well versed!

Team cohesion and pride in craftsmanship are what is missing in many organizations today. And if you think you see it, you are darn sure the passengers see it, and they are the ones writing your paychecks that feed your family, not a union. Put your heart and your soul into everything you do and it will pay dividends in mental nourishment and personal well being.

Mark

potrack said:
airlinepilotpay.com says that 5th year Jetblue Captain is 121/hr. Is that accurate?
That's correct. 5th year pay is $120.69. However, after 70 hours the pay is $181.04.

Ok question to those with experience.

I noticed that JetBlue wanted experience in aircraft weighing more than 20000 lbs. Is that an arbitary number? I've flown a lot of light a/c and am now getting experience in a 16500lb metro and I don't think it flies radically different. Ok I admit it handles like a pig. What's wrong with maybe sticking to 12,500 lbs for competetive mins? And is jet that much better than t-prop time? Why?

Also, since lavs were a topic of discussion... I was under the impression that the blue "juice" just kind of circulates when you flush it. Does any of it get macerated/ejected from the airplane. The reason I ask is that I was on an ILS approach a little over a year ago into a fairly remote airport, and all of a sudden this big glob of icy/mushy brown/chemical blue stuff lands on our windshield. Did I get literally s--- on?

coolyokeluke said:
Ok question to those with experience.

I noticed that JetBlue wanted experience in aircraft weighing more than 20000 lbs. Is that an arbitary number? I've flown a lot of light a/c and am now getting experience in a 16500lb metro and I don't think it flies radically different. Ok I admit it handles like a pig. What's wrong with maybe sticking to 12,500 lbs for competetive mins? And is jet that much better than t-prop time? Why?
I think 20K is a goofy number that means nothing, but is ostensibly a way to thin out the applicants. If you can fly a Metro skillfully, there's no question in my mind that you can fly the 320 or 190.

But...they didn't ask me.

Latest resources

Back