• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jet blue salary

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The "ad" is a cut and paste of what's on our website under "Work Here". JB did not post it nor was it authorized to be posted according to the Mgr. of pilot recruitment.

side stick-n said:
Maybe on my next trip I'll go clean the lav just to piss some of you guys off.

I'm done.
I was just fixin' ta ask... do you help the guy that services the lavs, or the fueler that fuels your airplane, or the baggage handler that's loading grandma's bags, or the mechanic that's servicing the hydraulics? After all, these are all employees, and you shouldn't treat them any worse than you would want to be treated. Why should Flight Attendants get extra help from pilots, but not baggage handlers, mechanics, and the blue-armed guys?

You know...you post you'r views and oppinions on a free access webboard and what do you get...Some left extremist who calls you a LIBERAL and on top of that, An ABUSED CHILD...I don't think that the JB people are as nice as they advertise to be...

I was just fixin' ta ask... do you help the guy that services the lavs, or the fueler that fuels your airplane, or the baggage handler that's loading grandma's bags, or the mechanic that's servicing the hydraulics? After all, these are all employees, and you shouldn't treat them any worse than you would want to be treated. Why should Flight Attendants get extra help from pilots, but not baggage handlers, mechanics, and the blue-armed guys?
Why TonyC, thanks for asking!:)

As a matter of fact, I do, on occasion, pick up a bag that fell off the conveyer and take it over to the bag cart. OK, so I don't do as many walk arounds as I used to, but hey...the air is fresh out there.

Gee, I even speak to the refuelers and lav guys...I mean, they enjoy a bit of conversation (albeit at a high decibel level) too. Do I help them? Nope, not adequately trained nor do I want to. I hang around for a couple of minutes and talk to our maintainers--I tend to think they appreciate the approach.

Do I take your tone to imply that we shouldn't help clean? Do you think we are "lowering the profession?"

Exactly what does cleaning gain us? Hmmm...There are several valid points. When I help pick up:

...I get to the van on a layover faster since I help. A more important issue is that it provides a faster turn, which means greater utilization of our aircraft, which translates directly into dollars into my pocket in pay and profit sharing. It translates directly into having a greater "team" effort in what we do--82% of the face time our passengers spend associated with the airline is via our flight attendants. If the FAs are happy with their situation, then the passengers will see the result. Helping clean--which is totally optional from the standpoint of the pilots I might add--is not exactly a tough chore. Most of all, I see helping clean as a logical extension of my role as a leader in my company; why ask others to do a job that you won't do? No, I'm not out there servicing the lavs or changing a tire. But I do help out where I can, where it is smart to do so, and when it helps my fellow crewmembers.

My mom was a housekeeper in a hospital; she did the work because it was necessary. Her job did not lessen her dignity or decrease her self-esteem. She in fact did her job well and held her head high, simply because it had to get done. In my case, I volunteer a very few minutes of my time at the end of the flight to make my...our...work environment a better place for all, crewmembers as well as passengers.

Most importantly, how does our action affect you (the board in general, not specifically you Tony) ? In other words, some harrangue us for cleaning, but I do not know why they are worried. It is our airline and we (I) intend to keep it growing via competitive means. I'm sorry if this sounds arrogant...it is not written in that vein. I'm only responding to the usual negative comments on the propriety of our actions, actions that do not affect any other carrier.

Eagleflip………

Bravo and kudos to the attitude you describe at JB. This is the mindset that exists at all successful business ventures; not just airlines. When customers are faced with good attitudes and good service by the employees of a company, they tend to continue shopping there, and buying the product and/or service. What’s more, they relate their personal experience to others, who then go to that company themselves. That goes for a guy buying a wrench at Sears, Insurance from State Farm, or a donut from your local bakery. It works both ways…..good and bad. The “word” gets out and people go to where they feel well treated, and avoid returning to places that they are treated poorly.

Drink More Cool-aid!!!!!!!!! Oh yes the BLUE ARMED GUY:)

Last edited:
So, B-atch, I take it that you would not help clean an aircraft if it meant dollars in your pocket or success for your carrier.

What are you willing to do to preserve your job and contribute to the long-term success of your company? I ask this in all seriousness.

B-atch, you really need to get a life, dude. Can't you be happy for the success of others and hope your lot in life is just as good. So we upgraded in less than two years and have great schedules and am making decent money. We have a management that you don't have to be suspect of everything they say and I get to keep 2 1/2% of my salary that you problably pay to another entity. Be happy in your right seat following instead of being in charge and no matter how bad you flame me or the other JB guys, you are still more than welcome in my jumpseat. By the way, it's not the Blue Kool Aid, it's just the values I have.

Last edited:
Clearing the AIR

If you reference my first posting you will notice that I had nothing negative to say about "HELPING TO CLEAN THE A/C." My BEEF is with the JB pilot who disrespectfully refered to a less experienced pilot as a PUNK. ..Everyone is entitled to their personal opinion, and no one has the right to attack someone else for their different views..As a JB pilot, or for all purposes as a professional and experienced pilot, you have the duty to EDUCATE and DEVELOP others without RIDICULE..Unfortunate as it seems, some of the JB pilots in this site seem to look down on those who wear a different uniform, or have different views.

To answer you'r question; I do contribute to the success of my present employer in ways that benefit my Co., my collegues, my-self, and my profession. I exersize good judgement, maintain schedule integrity, develop improved procedures for optimizing performance, I operate my A/C efficiently, occasionally, I too go above and beyond the call of duty as a line pilot. I carry on with the tradition of a proffessional Airline Pilot, "I respect and abide by my collective bargaining agreement". I avoid establishing any presidence that will detract or undermine my work ethics or the PROFESSION for wich I serve. But most important, I respect the different views and phylosophy's of the people whom I work with and the people I encounter in my everyday life. No one in this profession is BETTER OF, or GIFTED, than anyone else. You wear you'r airline's uniform colors because you were lucky eighnough to get offered a JOB..This in turn does not give you the right, nor the cause, to stand above the rest..JB has been hiring, while the MAJORS downsize. It's fast expansion and apparent successes have given cause for euforia amongs the ranks..But this in itself does not make you better that the rest..It just makes you more vulnerable..When you are HUMBLE and you stumble, most will catch you.. When you'r arrogant, if you stumble...everyone will watch you fall....

Latest resources

Back